The Republican Utopia

49 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Could be.  Why don’t you check it out and let us know if there is hidden Ukrainian policy embedded in those items.  

as far as i can tell....the maga portion of the republican party has a policy of helping russia defeat ukraine.  there are still some from the RINO portion who still want to help ukraine defend themselves from russian aggression.

• TBH 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

1.  It would rally more support (I think, the world for the most part hates commies)

2.  It will always apply to that country.

You going commie soft again?  :)

I just prefer a President who doesn't sound stupid. 

I think most of the world is already behind the U.S. on Ukraine, so the only folks who need convincing would be China, Iran, Syria, North Korea and Tucker Carlson. I just don't think the term "commie" is gonna swing them around, especially given the lack of communism at work here. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just prefer a President who doesn't sound stupid. 

I think most of the world is already behind the U.S. on Ukraine, so the only folks who need convincing would be China, Iran, Syria, North Korea and Tucker Carlson. I just don't think the term "commie" is gonna swing them around, especially given the lack of communism at work here. 

I can't remember the last President we had that sounded smart...Ron and Obama I guess?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep.  I guess it’s a stigma to refer to commie instead of communism:dunno

Who really knows.  I accepted it and moved on.  Just be careful because the same person who turned me in will probably do the same to you.  

So we can have Pro-Pally posters gobbling up Pro-Pally stuff but we can't say the slang term for Communism? 

I think I know who it was that reported you...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep.  I guess it’s a stigma to refer to commie instead of communism:dunno

Who really knows.  I accepted it and moved on.  Just be careful because the same person who turned me in will probably do the same to you.  

Actually I take that back.  It wasn’t a formal warning, it was a post that got reported for using commie, it was close to getting a warning but just got edited instead with a direct message about it.  I should have made that distinction earlier.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

So we can have Pro-Pally posters gobbling up Pro-Pally stuff but we can't say the slang term for Communism? 

I think I know who it was that reported you...

There are of course people with incredibly solid cases for viewing the conflict from the Palestinian perspective, who should not be dismissed as "Pro-Pally."

Am I going to have to do this with every one of your diminutive nicknames, Teachy?

And who's to say whether the Mods are editing Archy's content in the spirit of commie state controlled media, or whether it's more of an Elon Musk-ish attempt to sell free-market freedom of speech while catering to a partisan agenda? 

Let's watch those labels, people.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are of course people with incredibly solid cases for viewing the conflict from the Palestinian perspective, who should not be dismissed as "Pro-Pally."

Am I going to have to do this with every one of your diminutive nicknames, Teachy?

And who's to say whether the Mods are editing Archy's content in the spirit of commie state controlled media, or whether it's more of an Elon Musk-ish attempt to sell free-market freedom of speech while catering to a partisan agenda? 

Let's watch those labels, people.  

Yes, who is to say?  Hmmmm

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2