The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Law and order president. 

if i was in prison right now i would be writing as many letters as possible to donnie pumping as much sunshine as possible up his arse to get a pardon while the pardons are there to be had.  praise him and rail against the libs and you are golden

5 minutes ago, commando said:

if i was in prison right now i would be writing as many letters as possible to donnie pumping as much sunshine as possible up his arse to get a pardon while the pardons are there to be had.  praise him and rail against the libs and you are golden

Especially if it’s for a white collar crime. 

In this new republican utopia, one thing is evident: if you are trying to start a new business and you want guaranteed success...All you have to do is publically support trump, call him the greatest, and his mindless supporters will buy all your products.  

The same rule applies for actors...when the Roseanne re-boot aired, it drew 20+ million viewers...all because these mindless trump bots will blindly support anything that continues to push the trump is great narrative.

It is the saddest indication of what our country has devolved to.

14 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

In this new republican utopia, one thing is evident: if you are trying to start a new business and you want guaranteed success...All you have to do is publically support trump, call him the greatest, and his mindless supporters will buy all your products.  

The same rule applies for actors...when the Roseanne re-boot aired, it drew 20+ million viewers...all because these mindless trump bots will blindly support anything that continues to push the trump is great narrative.

It is the saddest indication of what our country has devolved to.

I watched the Roseanne reboot because I liked the original, and I can't stand Trump.

It's pretty clear that if you kiss Trump's ring as a celebrity or a politician it's going to open a lot of doors for you right now. In fact, it's about the only thing you can do that will open doors with this administration.

Which leaves the rest of us who refuse to bow down to ride things out until this embarrassment is over and we can survey the damage.

1 hour ago, jsneb83 said:

I watched the Roseanne reboot because I liked the original, and I can't stand Trump.

I watched the original at times also.  But..

"Both Trump and Roseanne were able to tap into the often overlooked and underserved working-class audience, especially the portion that holds mostly conservative views. Not surprisingly, the top TV markets where Roseanne delivered its highest ratings were in states handily carried by Trump in the election."

Bootlick For Trump Make Money

I'm not saying the original Roseanne wasn't political, because it was.  But it is pretty telling that she's such a loud-mouth Trumper and her show was so popular in areas that Trump did best.

What's even more ironic is when Roseanne first started, she was more a liberal feminist than anything.  But now, she shills for trumper and has never been more popular.  

Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a c**t.  This is bad, I think we can all agree, and Bee's show is losing some advertisers.  Those are the consequences of flying off the handle like that.

This is a growing trend - a bad one for society - where, in the Age of Trump, nastiness is the norm.  Kathy Griffin, who should never be on anyone's radar for any reason, made headlines with a tasteless & vulgar staged image of her holding Trump's severed head in effigy (complete with dripping blood).  Keith Olbermann, who peaked decades ago in his seat on SportsCenter, has called Trump a "Nazi" and Jemele Hill has called Trump a White Supremacist. While Trump's own words (calling Nazis/White Supremacists "fine people") have certainly fueled this fire, too many people in the public eye have been willing to follow Trump's lead down this path. It's a degradation of the national discourse.  It's not good for America.

But what's ironic is the reaction of Trump & his followers, including Fox Propaganda. In the wake of Roseanne's firing, they're out for blood. That seemed like a liberal win, and nothing grinds their gears more than liberals winning. So Trump's supporters and their Russian botnik allies have taken to social media to decry Barr's termination and Bee's word usage.  Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump's Press Secretary, said, "The language used by Samantha Bee last night is vile and vicious. The collective silence by the left and its media allies is appalling,” Sanders said in a statement to TheWrap.

Trump himself has weighed in, after SHS said he had better things to do with his time:

The irony, of course, of all this Trump Camp hand-wringing, is this:  They had no problem using this word to describe Hillary Clinton. 

And here are some of Trump's "very fine people" sporting those shirts.  Spoiler tag for NSFW language.

Spoiler

bJfHaNG.jpg

And lest we forget that Trump's buddy, Ted Nugent, had many vile things to say about Hillary during and after the campaign.

Trump punished Nugent by... inviting him to the White House.

• Plus1 2