The Republican Utopia

25 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

@flair 

Easy to say for someone who’s never been in that position and never will be . As long as it’s THEM and not you . Got it 

If people are able bodied, should they be required to do work that is available or should the rest of us have some of our income forcibly taken from us to provide them with handouts?

Which is fairer?

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is an opinion piece. I asked for facts. 

Try again.

It's an opinion piece that tells the story. Pretty self-evident.

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I DID do many of those types of jobs.  You know what?  I took those jobs, worked hard and then moved up.

Our wonderful President is.

I worked crappy jobs too. It was a great incentive to work hard, finish school and make good choices.

4 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

So did I . I just don’t feel the need to look down on, and judge people who are in that lousy situation now. 

I'm not judging anyone. I'm saying that able-bodied people should work. If the choice is between a job that they believe to be beneath them and handouts, they should have to take the job.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Opinion in place of fact wouldn't be acceptable in a classroom.

The line between fact and opinion when it comes to history isn't that clear. A column that provides a narrative citing to facts is more than sufficient. If the column is incorrect, feel free to point that out.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The line between fact and opinion when it comes to history isn't that clear. A column that provides a narrative citing to facts is more than sufficient. If the column is incorrect, feel free to point that out.

I did. I posted Schumer's actual voting record which shows that the opinion piece is factually inaccurate.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What situation?

The situation where they’re still working those crappy jobs and may end up doing them for life . Not everyone is capable of getting a college degree or becoming CEO and advancement possibilities many places are limited . I worked crappy jobs, worked my way up , and “got mine” I just think people beneath me deserve much better treatment than they are getting. 

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not judging anyone. I'm saying that able-bodied people should work. If the choice is between a job that they believe to be beneath them and handouts, they should have to take the job.

I would actually agree with that part . I just think if companies offered better jobs some of that problem would solve itself . 

Just now, Big Red 40 said:

I would actually agree with that part . I think if companies offered better jobs some of that problem would solve itself . 

Companies pay the fair value of the labor performed. How much do you think a greeter at Walmart or a drive-thru guy at McDonald's should make?