The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The Tennessee House deserves to be disrupted. End of story. 

I don’t disagree and I’m glad 3 people had the balls to stand up to the callous hypocrisy of the Tennessee House. Moving forward with legislation to make guns even easier to come by on the heels of the Nashville mass shooting is unconscionable. But I do have to say we should not let our lawmaking bodies slip further into chaos, mimicking our current divided politics. Interrupting official proceedings like this simply can’t become the norm.

I don’t like that they expelled two members over this, especially the optics of it being two black members while the white lady escaped the wrath of the racist conservative establishment. But, in a way, this was somewhat the same as what occurred on J6 sans the violence, general lawlessness etc. I am sympathetic with their protest, understand why they did it and don’t like that it got them expelled but I do think decorum and civility should try to be maintained even in the face of ridiculous misguided overzealous conservative policy attempts. There’s a reason Tennessee is the way it is. I say let them ruin their state even further. I have to believe a reckoning is coming for these stupid and reckless gun and abortion laws in these overly red places.

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If their transgressions are as bad, then I hope they're voted out of office. The problem with Thomas's obvious corruption is that they're is no mechanism for voters to punish his behavior. He's untouchable and he knows it. 

Are you not understanding a rule change happened?  Or not understanding it was reported after a rule change happened, as he was supposed to?  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:snacks:

2 things.    

1.  MTG needs to be under many ethics complaints...not just 1

2.  i remember when a picture of Ali Alexander in the Jan. 6 crowd was posted here as "proof" that antifa was behind the riot   lol

• Oh Yeah! 1