The Republican Utopia

7 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state/

I have no idea what kind of state NC is but Cali has the most murders and Illinois is in the top 5 as well...

Per capita is not an accurate stat, ever.  More deaths = worse than less deaths.

If you live in a town of 3 and 1 person is killed...that is 33%...if you live in a town of 1000 and 250 are killed that is 25%...

The 25% is worse, always.  I know we have some crazies here that disagree but more killings is always worse.  Only loons disagree. Or people with agendas.

That is, unless you don't place value on human life.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state/

I have no idea what kind of state NC is but Cali has the most murders and Illinois is in the top 5 as well...

Per capita is not an accurate stat, ever.  More deaths = worse than less deaths.

If you live in a town of 3 and 1 person is killed...that is 33%...if you live in a town of 1000 and 250 are killed that is 25%...

The 25% is worse, always.  I know we have some crazies here that disagree but more killings is always worse.  Only loons disagree. Or people with agendas.

That is, unless you don't place value on human life.

do you want to pay 33% taxes or 25%?

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, teachercd said:

33% so I can help pay for better things.  What about you?

The only thing I won't do is pay that extra dollar for f#&%ing wildlife help...f#&% those animals

25% sounds better to me.   sane with murder rates.    your %'s are very high...but i would hope that if those were the 2 choices for my town...it would be 25% rather that 33%

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

25% sounds better to me.   sane with murder rates.    your %'s are very high...but i would hope that if those were the 2 choices for my town...it would be 25% rather that 33%

Nope...I alway want less dead people, not more.  But it is nice to know where you land on a topic that is so easy to understand.  Sad, by nice to know.

You don't value human life.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you want to know your chances of being killed, go with the per capita rate.

If you value human life...go with actual deaths.  

No joke though, you are kind of a monster if you are okay with more people being dead.  I really don't think you think that though.

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you value human life...go with actual deaths.  

No joke though, you are kind of a monster if you are okay with more people being dead.  I really don't think you think that though.

and i could call you a monster for wanting to live where 33% of the people are murdered each year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, commando said:

and i could call you a monster for wanting to live where 33% of the people are murdered each year.

Call me it!

I don't want anyone murdered!  And I sure don't want to reduce mudered kids to some %.  

I am not scared to admit that I want less people murdered. 

• TBH 2

11 minutes ago, commando said:

good luck with your goal.   per capita does matter.    but overall less deaths is a goal.    thats why the "we can't stop all the murders with gun control" argument stinks.  even stopping some of the deaths is the goal.

Thank you!  Now, can you get the rest of your amigos to agree with this!  It was a big step to admit you were wrong and I know that is hard so thank you.  More deaths is worse.  Again, thank you.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s quite the epic Lib meltdown after Lib reps getting the expulsion they deserve for actually leading a mob of protestors in to disrupt an official proceeding.  

Being okay with expelling members of the opposition party in a gross display of being authoritarian and antidemocratic is the absolute peak @Archy1221.

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you not understanding a rule change happened?  Or not understanding it was reported after a rule change happened, as he was supposed to?  

I didn't say he broke time law. Do you not understand what quid pro quo corruption is? Anybody who has a brain not completely melted by right wing news can see that's what's happening here. 

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Thank you!  Now, can you get the rest of your amigos to agree with this!  It was a big step to admit you were wrong and I know that is hard so thank you.  More deaths is worse.  Again, thank you.

See….what we need is fewer people. If there were only 10 people in the world and one guy killed the other nine, that would be better than and city in the world.  

• TBH 1