The Republican Utopia

On 4/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, Archy1221 said:

It’s quite the epic Lib meltdown after Lib reps getting the expulsion they deserve for actually leading a mob of protestors in to disrupt an official proceeding.  

"leading" and "mob" doing a lot of work in this sentence for a peaceful protest.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not a big fan of hers. But…..she’s not wrong. 

I am a big fan of hers. 

I think people have been told to mock or fear her for being a radical leftist, but she makes vastly more sense than many if not most of her colleagues. You have to dig beyond the cherry-picked and out of context fear quotes generated against her, but she's generally sharp, articulate, and on top of actual issues. She'll pass a lot more fact checks than a slew of Republicans given the mic and spotlight. 

Or to put it another way, if AOC is the far left and MTG is the far right, which extreme would you trust making real world decisions? 

• Haha 3
  • TBH 6

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You know, when I read that more closely, I think he's actually NOT wishing all those people a Happy Easter.

And that would make him a liar!

Noo. He’s rivaling Washington for never telling a lie. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I am a big fan of hers. 

I think people have been told to mock or fear her for being a radical leftist, but she makes vastly more sense than many if not most of her colleagues. You have to dig beyond the cherry-picked and out of context fear quotes generated against her, but she's generally sharp, articulate, and on top of actual issues. She'll pass a lot more fact checks than a slew of Republicans given the mic and spotlight. 

Or to put it another way, if AOC is the far left and MTG is the far right, which extreme would you trust making real world decisions? 

That’s fine. I agree with her here.  

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I am a big fan of hers. 

Yeah but Marge has cloven hooves so there's that 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:nanalama

I have no idea who that twitter donkey is but I teach a class on  this topic and it is pretty accurate.  Culture Industries have already decided what is/will be popular and we basically pick from those choices.  

"Critics" attack things but the general population embraces it.  It is why movies that make bank at the box office do not win oscars. 

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I am a big fan of hers. 

AOC and China?  Bro...

I gotta give you props, you stick to your guns!  But don't fall in love.  She will be out of politics and hosting a podcast for 30 million a year.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1