The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

The closed-door depositions were legally sound and normal.

I fully understand and I had no problem with them being closed door at that point in the investigation.

What I'm saying is, what we saw from the politicians (mainly Republicans) during and after them, is NOT how we need to be informed as to what is going on here.

The public needs to see for themselves.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, commando said:

oh...i think there are enough republicans who will vote to allow witnesses.   but i bet the witnesses mitch allows are schiff, pelosi, and biden.   not any of the witnesses the dems want to bring in.

They're going to caveat the wittness thing by saying that they need to see all the evidence presented and then they will vote yes or no.  This is like the crap Flake did with the Kavannaugh hearing "there needs to be background investigation".  They did 3 days worth of supposed "work" then voted.  He got to get us all off his back and give us hope and Mitch still got his way.  Collins has already come out today about the Lev stuff and claimed that "Dems didn't use the info in the articles of impeachment - didn't they do their jobs?" bs so she's a no ... I think Mitt will vote for witnesses - god knows about the others.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's what I don't get.  If Roberts is the judge during the trial, doesn't he have ultimate say as to who is allowed to testify?  I would think that both sides can call whomever they want and he would then have the final say.

I'm confused as to how Moscow Mitch has so much say in it.

Mitch writes the rules - if he can set it up from the start then Roberts has no skin in the game to allow.

edit: sorry for the duplication - I was 3 pages behind and obviously some of you already made this point.

And on the Hyde stuff, expect the GOP to try and really beat the drums on his mental status and history - it's already come out that he had an incident in FL.  Honestly, I don't think anybody involved in this bs is crazy to think that someone is out to harm them, too many people "accidentally" falling out of windows and "committing suicide" that have ties to Russia.

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is very VERY important.  The public needs to be able to see the proceedings and not just have to rely on the politicians to walk out and tell us what happened.

We saw that dog and pony show when the House had their behind closed doors hearings to start this process. 

i am old enough to remember seeing the trump impeachment inquiry on tv any time of day i logged in to watch it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I made a joke about this earlier but now I'm seeing people saying he may be doing this because he fears for his life. If he can get it all out there and get that point across on national TV that may be his best way out of this mess. Crazy s#!t 

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Cool meme but what do you think about the Parnas texts? 

I think it's more proof Trump is probably guilty of what he's being accused of.

I also think it's more of the same interpretive evidence to throw on the already teetering pile of interpretative evidence.  Now I know that comment is going to get a lot of sneers so I'll let you all have at it.