2017 B1G Tournament

Mavric

Not really, or at least not after tomorrow.

Penn State and Ohio State play each other on Tuesday. The winner will have 7 wins. We have the tie breaker against both but there is no way around needing one more win to avoid the bottom 4.

Um .....

I guess you're right. After tomorrow we'll no longer be hanging by a thread. We're guaranteed to have fallen back into the bottom four.

• Fire 1

We are 13th out of 14 teams in the B1G in a down year. Not progress

This would be my big worry too if I was an NU fan (I am an Illini fan so I guess it actually is my worry) but the Big Ten is HORRIBLE this year and the Huskers are 13th and I think they lost to the last place team. That is not a good sign.

BykVychIQAEU99C.jpg

Love it!

I get chills of horror every time I see the "Nebranois" kid. He reminds me of Chucky

The BIG is NOT horrible this year. We are one of the top leagues like we are every year (typically we are 1st or 2nd). It is a down year for the BIG because we are missing 2 or 3 teams in the top 10 as we have had in the past. Nebraska is not even close to a top 10 team - so who cares if the big10 doesn't have 3 teams that high because we are going to lose equally to the 10th team in the country as we would the 25-30 team in the country. Now looking at our record against teams from 30-60 in the country would be a good standard and the BIG is not HORRIBLE when it comes to teams in the 20-60 range.

The big ten is horrible this year. It really is.

7 Teams predicted to make tourney, possibly 8 with IU. The big ten doesnt have a title contender at ALL
7 will be the max. Indiana has no chance outside of winning the tourney.

In terms of avoiding the bottom 4, it's pretty simple now.

We have to beat Michigan AND Ohio State needs to lose to Indiana (At Ohio State)

Tie-breaker would give us the #10 seed in almost every scenario regardless of how the other games play out.

If we lose and/or OSU wins then that is where it gets more complex with scenarios for where we will be seeded from #11 - #13 seeds.

• Fire 1

Scenarios:

11. Nebraska (6-11)
Clinches #10 seed and single bye with win vs Michigan + Ohio State loss
Clinches #11 seed with win + Ohio State win OR with loss + Ohio State win + Penn State loss
Clinches #12 seed with loss + Penn State win + Ohio State win OR with loss + Indiana win + Penn State loss
Clinches #13 seed with loss + Indiana win + Penn State win

BTN

Indiana wins: Indiana 96 OSU 92

Brian Rosenthal‏ @GBRosenthal 16m
#Nebrasketball has a No. 10 seed for which to play tomorrow against Michigan. Win and avoid bottom four of Big Ten Tournament.

If we lose, we are in the 12/13 game against Penn State or OSU on Wednesday. (Then either MSU, Minn, or Maryland)

If we are the 10, we play Iowa as the #7 on Thursday (Iowa is now locked as the 7 win or lose tomorrow)

For all those that think we want the 12/13 as it might be an easier overall path, we have the shortest turn around time of any team from Sunday night to Wed Afternoon. We also have not played well when we only have a two day prep. We want the 10.

• Fire 1

The BIG is NOT horrible this year. We are one of the top leagues like we are every year (typically we are 1st or 2nd). It is a down year for the BIG because we are missing 2 or 3 teams in the top 10 as we have had in the past. Nebraska is not even close to a top 10 team - so who cares if the big10 doesn't have 3 teams that high because we are going to lose equally to the 10th team in the country as we would the 25-30 team in the country. Now looking at our record against teams from 30-60 in the country would be a good standard and the BIG is not HORRIBLE when it comes to teams in the 20-60 range.

First of all I would argue the BIG was never consistently first or second it was always the old big east(Cuse,Louisville,Pitt,Georgetown,West v,etc) and the ACC battling it out for the top two spots in the recent twenty years, yes u can argue that the BIG won the ACC BIG challenge many times in recent years but that was before they added 3 top programs, not to mention ACC and big east have had more tourny success, and to me now the ACC is clearly on top. The BIG ten on the other hand has one countender this season(Purdue-great big men, average guards, will struggle when they play a team like ucla or Oregon that puts 85 up a game) but wiscy has really been fading and has beaten almost no one. The middle of the conference is average, but even teams like northwestern have nothing out of conference, and Michigan state had three chances against top ten teams early on couldn't get one, so my point is the BIG is incredibly down if u compare it to any other power conference(yes even SEC).

Miles pack it in defense mentality has to go....like today. Worst 3P shooting defense I've seen. We also have always struggled to hit the 3 since he's been here. Teams are shooting 40% on us and we are at 31%

With that said, Miles deserves next year for the kids he's brought in.