Is the team progressing

hucksker

When Miles was hired we all knew it was a 5+ year rebuild. He tried to do a quick fix with transfers in year 2 and it worked. It also raised expectations that haven't been met. The majority of the rotation are freshman and sophomores. Some seem like they are improving, but some guys look mediocre and inconsistent. I've felt Miles deserved to see the 2015 class through their junior years, but he's making it tough on the AD. I'm not pushing for Miles to be let go, but I don't think I would be uspset if we had someone solid lined up to replace him.

A 5+ year rebuilding plan is all well and good if you show improvement year over year.

The reason for so many freshmen and sophomores is because a lot of players have transferred out well before eligibility has been used.

Miles has had too many assistant coaches leave the university to other teams in lateral moves.

In 5 years, there is still zero sense of an offense.

My biggest gripe with Miles are the offensive lulls. Don't have to convince me. Happen far too often. Often lack an identity. Felt like it used to be consistently getting it to the rim.

I just view Miles's tenure here as 2 separate terms. The first term was the first 3 years that had a transition year, transfer quick fix that turned into NCAA bid, and disappointing follow up year. The second term is the last 2 years built around mostly freshman and sophomores where your leading returning scorer left in the middle of summer.

So to me, he is somewhat in year 3. But next year is a do or die year. Have to be in NCAA or make a very strong run in NIT.

Without an 8-1 run from February 8-March 9 in 2014, Nebraska is likely looking at a losing season. They were 11-10 overall at the start of it and their offense was still crap most of the games.

Like my earlier post said, 1 good month in 5 years. That transition hasn't truly happened.

If Morrow doesn't get hurt this year I think this team has at least 2 more wins. Maybe more with added momentum and confidence. But it happened. Just like the only NCAA appearance in 18 years happened.

I'm not trying to be a Miles apologist. I think the basketball program needs higher expectations from the AD and fans. I just think the timing of everything (and NCAA appearance) probably calls for 1 more year for Miles to prove it.

I love Morrow and I think he is the best energy guy on the team but some act like he averages 18/10 a game.

He has no offensive game except for layups and putbacks...he can't shoot free throws and his game revolves around running the floor and pressing or playing nasty defense.

He is a perfect fit for Cincy, WVU or Ville. They would use him correctly

• Fire 1

I love Morrow and I think he is the best energy guy on the team but some act like he averages 18/10 a game.

He has no offensive game except for layups and putbacks...he can't shoot free throws and his game revolves around running the floor and pressing or playing nasty defense.

He is a perfect fit for Cincy, WVU or Ville. They would use him correctly

Morrow is great if he's the 4th best player in the lineup. He can make a difference with his energy. It's not good when he's counted on being the 2nd or 3rd best player in the lineup.

• Fire 1

When Miles was hired we all knew it was a 5+ year rebuild. He tried to do a quick fix with transfers in year 2 and it worked. It also raised expectations that haven't been met. The majority of the rotation are freshman and sophomores. Some seem like they are improving, but some guys look mediocre and inconsistent. I've felt Miles deserved to see the 2015 class through their junior years, but he's making it tough on the AD. I'm not pushing for Miles to be let go, but I don't think I would be uspset if we had someone solid lined up to replace him.

A 5+ year rebuilding plan is all well and good if you show improvement year over year.

The reason for so many freshmen and sophomores is because a lot of players have transferred out well before eligibility has been used.

Miles has had too many assistant coaches leave the university to other teams in lateral moves.

My biggest gripe with Miles are the offensive lulls. Don't have to convince me. Happen far too often. Often lack an identity. Felt like it used to be consistently getting it to the rim.

I just view Miles's tenure here as 2 separate terms. The first term was the first 3 years that had a transition year, transfer quick fix that turned into NCAA bid, and disappointing follow up year. The second term is the last 2 years built around mostly freshman and sophomores where your leading returning scorer left in the middle of summer.

So to me, he is somewhat in year 3. But next year is a do or die year. Have to be in NCAA or make a very strong run in NIT.

Without an 8-1 run from February 8-March 9 in 2014, Nebraska is likely looking at a losing season. They were 11-10 overall at the start of it and their offense was still crap most of the games.

Like my earlier post said, 1 good month in 5 years. That transition hasn't truly happened.

If Morrow doesn't get hurt this year I think this team has at least 2 more wins. Maybe more with added momentum and confidence. But it happened. Just like the only NCAA appearance in 18 years happened.

I'm not trying to be a Miles apologist. I think the basketball program needs higher expectations from the AD and fans. I just think the timing of everything (and NCAA appearance) probably calls for 1 more year for Miles to prove it.

I mean ... that's possible. And it's what many have tried to claim for the last month.

But we've had him for the last two games. And they .... haven't gone well.

So it's nice to speculate but I think that's kind of trying to find whatever excuse you can.

When we played Dayton earlier in the year, we were totally healthy and they were missing three guys. They still won.

I mean ... that's possible. And it's what many have tried to claim for the last month.

So it's nice to speculate but I think that's kind of trying to find whatever excuse you can.

When we played Dayton earlier in the year, we were totally healthy and they were missing three guys. They still won.

FYI-We beat Dayton 80-78

• Fire 1

FYI-We beat Dayton 80-78

And that loss is hurting Dayton's resume haha

That was my point. I can say what if, but that's not what happened. Can't take it away. Just like we can't throw away Miles's "One month of good performance". It happened and it helped earn the only NCAA bid in 18 years. Has to count for something. To me, it earned him a little extra time here.

It may come down to who the A.D on his available Top 5 coaches list and if we have a realistic shot of any of them.

To make a move, I think you need more than a Riley type name. (A lot of Nebraska fans didn't know who that was upon hiring - regardless of how it works out)

Plus you also have to consider the real possibility that we'll have a couple of transfers (especially if Miles is let go - unless it is a bigger name coach). Does that justify the risk of a few players leaving, which again would put us in the same boat as this year...We were going to be good, until people left...?" (Petteway, Pritch, White, etc...)

FWIW: While he has some Nebraska family ties, I don't think we'd have a shot at Hoiberg. Most are tabbing him for the Indiana job or even Illinois if they don't make the NCAA's.

It may come down to who the A.D on his available Top 5 coaches list and if we have a realistic shot of any of them.

To make a move, I think you need more than a Riley type name. (A lot of Nebraska fans didn't know who that was upon hiring - regardless of how it works out)

Plus you also have to consider the real possibility that we'll have a couple of transfers (especially if Miles is let go - unless it is a bigger name coach). Does that justify the risk of a few players leaving, which again would put us in the same boat as this year...We were going to be good, until people left...?" (Petteway, Pritch, White, etc...)

FWIW: While he has some Nebraska family ties, I don't think we'd have a shot at Hoiberg. Most are tabbing him for the Indiana job or even Illinois if they don't make the NCAA's.

Fred would be a tough get becuase the NBA season ends so much later

Miles is going nowhere! I've seen both Jordy & Roby improved. These young players are starting to get frustrated. This year is gone and Miles needs to build confidence for next year. It will be really important to see how the huskers come out and play to end the season.

I agree that Miles is going nowhere.

• Fire 1

Miles is going nowhere! I've seen both Jordy & Roby improved. These young players are starting to get frustrated. This year is gone and Miles needs to build confidence for next year. It will be really important to see how the huskers come out and play to end the season.

Well. In their final 4 games to end the season, they are 0-2 so far with both losses in double digits. One of those losses was to a team that was arguably as bad as Nebraska until last night.

Their next game is on the road against probably the best playing team in the B1G if not the whole NCAA. The final game is against a team that has owned us to the tune of 6-0 since Miles became coach.

Not looking promising.