Spring Practice - What Does the New Defense Look Like?

Good answer. Feel like he's always going to be a great interview

Same type of answer Bo would have given and it might be the reason why Sam is not a huge fan of Bob.

I didn't hear Diaco say this. But, how you say something like this means sometimes more than actually saying it. Bo's problem was HOW he said things as much as it was WHAT he said.

Same type of answer Bo would have given and it might be the reason why Sam is not a huge fan of Bob.

I didn't hear Diaco say this. But, how you say something like this means sometimes more than actually saying it. Bo's problem was HOW he said things as much as it was WHAT he said.

For sure...it just seems that Sam has made up his mind that he will not like Bob...I wonder if this is part of the reason. Who knows!

For sure...it just seems that Sam has made up his mind that he will not like Bob...I wonder if this is part of the reason. Who knows!

Its the Omaha World Herald!

Gifford starred at safety in high school and joined the Huskers at the same spot before moving to linebacker during his redshirt freshman season in 2015. Lately, spring workouts have felt like something of a throwback for the junior with more responsibilities that include dropping back with the likes of slot receivers, running backs or tight ends.

“What I do out there has always been my strength, which is covering,” Gifford said. “In the last scheme. ... I was in the box just as much as I was out. Now I’d say I spend most of my time out of the box, which I think fits my skill set pretty well. Obviously you’ve got to be able to play in the box and use your hands and be physical and all that stuff, but this defense I think fits me pretty well.”

OWH

Apparently the answer to the thread title is "not necessarily what you'll see on Saturday"

"If you're interested in filming the spring game to figure out what we're going to do on defense, you're going to waste a lot of film and footage," the first-year Nebraska defensive coordinator said after Tuesday's practice, the 13th this spring.

LJS