DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

People who wanted America run more like a business should have studied how Trump ran his businesses. 

It wasn't exactly a secret. 

He is who we thought he was.

And we shouldn't let him off the hook.

19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

People who wanted America run more like a business should have studied how Trump ran his businesses. 

It wasn't exactly a secret. 

I think a number of those people understood after Romney's failed run that running America like a business was not a platform to winning.

And it's not why Trump won.  He's more reality television than he is businessman.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Trump's personality and character were known before the election.  Well before.

Yeah. I know. That's the part I find so troubling. 

Although I think most people didn't bother to dig into his history as a businessman. They saw him as the billionaire who was going to make them all rich. 

So, two depressing trends gleaned from the last few posts that make me weep for the state of affairs in our country:

1. That we elected a reality television president in large part because we were entertained by him.

2. That a huge chunk of the voting public in America can't be bothered to look into Trump's facade even the least bit to ascertain he is a fraud & instead bought his "savvy businessman" persona hook, line & sinker.

In Mueller news, this seems fairly significant. This type of stuff seems to be fitting a pattern, ya know?

^On the reality TV note, thank you, Soledad O'Brien, for very prominently taking out the trash:

"It's not accurate. It's not funny. It's not clever. It's not analysis. It's facile. It shows an actual lack of understanding of reality tv (can't believe I'm typing that). It's mediocre. It's a time when viewers need to understand what's going on at the highest levels of govt."

I'm not a proponent of being a Russia hawk, but they have an obvious interest in interference in US affairs and they've found obviously very willing collaborators (for chrissake, Donald Trump made a public call to Russia asking them to hack his political opponent's emails! On the campaign trail!). This isn't an amusing state of affairs, and we deserve better than uninspired metaphors and a tune in next week to find out. Trump's desire for us to consume serious events as we do reality television is a scary thing that demands a serious response.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah. I know. That's the part I find so troubling. 

Although I think most people didn't bother to dig into his history as a businessman. They saw him as the billionaire who was going to make them all rich. 

I think voters more and more ask themselves the question, "what's in it for me?"

I think Trump did a better job of answering that question in people's minds than Hillary.

Whether it be the wealthy business owner in Florida, the third generation steel worker in Pennsylvania or the retired military veteran, Trump got the message to them that what was happening inside the Beltway from both parties was politics as usual with no action.

That message hit home to a lot of people.

The simple tag line of "you're fired" is something an increasing number of Americans could relate to in their thoughts of "career politicians".

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, TheSker said:

I think voters more and more ask themselves the question, "what's in it for me?"

I think Trump did a better job of answering that question in people's minds than Hillary.

Whether it be the wealthy business owner in Florida, the third generation steel worker in Pennsylvania or the retired military veteran, Trump got the message to them that what was happening inside the Beltway from both parties was politics as usual with no action.

The simple tag line of "you're fired" is something an increasing number of Americans could relate to in their thoughts of "career politicians".

Exactly what's changed about politics as usual since he's been President?

This is a bit long but very informative read.    Summary: Trump is in big do-do.

Mueller and team have many avenues to pursue  and Trump would have to be squeaky clean on all of them to survive. My money is

on that he isn't clean (yes - a big leap of faith there I know :P) and he won't last as president. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/07/what-we-believe-mueller-is-investigating/?utm_term=.78334b1459da

9 hours ago, TheSker said:

This is generally how snake oil salesmen target rubes. 

The only irony being that Trump never really wanted the job because he never had the solution. Here was just there for the angry, cheering crowds.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is generally how snake oil salesmen target rubes. 

The only irony being that Trump never really wanted the job because he never had the solution. Here was just there for the angry, cheering crowds.

The message of your posts is that Trump is a jerk (to put it mildly using acceptable language).

True.

The thing is, Trump is actually doing some things.  Whether these are good or bad is a different matter, but if a search is done listing accomplishments of Trump since he's been in office, the list is growing.

And I realize poll numbers indicate his "popularity" is very low.  But poll numbers also said he wouldn't be elected.