Miles to New Mexico?

If Miles leaves (please leave), go after Gottfred and Crean immediately !!!

Not a fan of Crean. Would take Gottfred though.

Why aren't people a fan of Crean? The dude wins. Indiana had 2 huge non-conference wins this year (over KU and UNC) and then their best player got hurt for the season. Is it because he seems like a big meanie?

Yes, I really hated the way he went about his press conferences this year. Especially when he backtracked from interview to interview, even within 10 minutes. Our HC needs to be likeable IMO.

Why aren't people a fan of Crean? The dude wins. Indiana had 2 huge non-conference wins this year (over KU and UNC) and then their best player got hurt for the season. Is it because he seems like a big meanie?

Yes, I really hated the way he went about his press conferences this year. Especially when he backtracked from interview to interview, even within 10 minutes. Our HC needs to be likeable IMO.

I just want the Head Coach to lead a winning program. Difference of opinion I guess.

• Fire 3

I just want the Head Coach to lead a winning program. Difference of opinion I guess.
whatever it takes to win a tourney game

Crean is a good hire and a good recruiter. He has proven that he can win at a decent level and I think grabbed a 1 seed once or twice.

The word "likable" is interesting because I bet that if Crean was the Husker coach and if he got them in the top 4 of the Big Ten...grabbed a top 5 seed in the dance and won a game or two that he would be really well liked.

• Fire 3

Crean is a good hire and a good recruiter. He has proven that he can win at a decent level and I think grabbed a 1 seed once or twice.

The word "likable" is interesting because I bet that if Crean was the Husker coach and if he got them in the top 4 of the Big Ten...grabbed a top 5 seed in the dance and won a game or two that he would be really well liked.

Crean would be a home run hire for NU. Anybody's likable if they win.

Crean would be a home run hire for NU. Anybody's likable if they win.

Both are good points. Hard to argue with that.

Financially and career wise it would be smart for Miles to take the NM job. I can see him wanting to stay here and try and prove himself. As others have stated he will have some high expectations to meet to keep his job and with a diminished roster and young team the cards are kind of stacked against him.

Basically he has to decide if he wants bail, get a new start and be secure for another 5 years, or gamble with what 2 years of security, and half a fanbase that already wants you gone. Seems like a no-brainer if it is a purely business decision and they offer what he's already making here.

I agree with you 100%. Plus, he can go to NM, where basketball is the #1 sport, and had some very good years when Steve Alford was the coach. Miles would know the Mountain West conference, and is probably a better fit for that level of competition.

Alford is a very interesting comparison. When he went to Iowa, they had huge expectations of what was to come. He had a good year early on then quite a few of "meh" years. he finally had one more good year then another "meh". He then leaves to go to NM and does well and now has really turned his career around at UCLA.

Miles could look at this as a path to where he wants his career to go.

Crean probably won't be considered because he's not "Nebraska Nice" enough. Heck I say if he can get us some winning seasons I'd be able to look past my general distaste of him.

The Ginger Assassin is probably a little gun-shy from his experience with an Alpha Coach and afraid of a Pelini Part 2 situation.

Crean probably won't be considered because he's not "Nebraska Nice" enough. Heck I say if he can get us some winning seasons I'd be able to look past my general distaste of him.

The Ginger Assassin is probably a little gun-shy from his experience with an Alpha Coach and afraid of a Pelini Part 2 situation.

I'm not a huge Crean fan, but it's hard to argue with his results. He took Marquette to the Final 4 (having Dwyane Wade helps) and won 2 Big Ten regular season championships, after taking over a dumpster fire at Indiana.

Crean can recruit...that is the biggest thing.

Especially in basketball when 1 or 2 future NBA guys can carry a team.

Recruiting to Nebraska for Basketball isn't difficult. Miles has recruited plenty of highly rated guys to come to Lincoln.

Brand new state of the art arena. B1G. Great fan base. 3 big selling points. I also feel like "weather" isn't as big of a deal to basketball recruits as it is to football recruits.

Just out of curiosity, would you rather have:

New coach -- with one or more starters deciding to transfer then. (Along with Morrow)

OR

Miles -- with no additional transfers.

(I know there is a chance the new coach could convince them to stay - but for the sake of discussion let's say that doesn't happen)