Miles to New Mexico?

I truly don't want him to go, but the coals have been stirred, mostly on Huskerboard, he should probably take the job if offered.

Guess we are back to square one.

It'll be interesting to see if that would cause Morrow to reconsider... Since many posters think he is leaving because of Miles.

I am ambivalent to him at this point. I could argue both ways. If he stays, we need to see major progress next year. If he goes, I believe the program is set up to attract a top coaching prospect.

Agree. I feel like he is being real risky if he stays.

Because if he does, he needs to win 18+ or he might be shown the door. Seems like a gamble to stay, if the offer is on the table at NM.

I truly don't want him to go, but the coals have been stirred, mostly on Huskerboard, he should probably take the job if offered.

It'll be interesting to see if that would cause Morrow to reconsider... Since many posters think he is leaving because of Miles.

You're severely overestimating the impact that this quaint little message board can have.

• Fire 4

Financially and career wise it would be smart for Miles to take the NM job. I can see him wanting to stay here and try and prove himself. As others have stated he will have some high expectations to meet to keep his job and with a diminished roster and young team the cards are kind of stacked against him.

Basically he has to decide if he wants bail, get a new start and be secure for another 5 years, or gamble with what 2 years of security, and half a fanbase that already wants you gone. Seems like a no-brainer if it is a purely business decision and they offer what he's already making here.

• Fire 1

Financially and career wise it would be smart for Miles to take the NM job. I can see him wanting to stay here and try and prove himself. As others have stated he will have some high expectations to meet to keep his job and with a diminished roster and young team the cards are kind of stacked against him.

Basically he has to decide if he wants bail, get a new start and be secure for another 5 years, or gamble with what 2 years of security, and half a fanbase that already wants you gone. Seems like a no-brainer if it is a purely business decision and they offer what he's already making here.

I agree with you 100%. Plus, he can go to NM, where basketball is the #1 sport, and had some very good years when Steve Alford was the coach. Miles would know the Mountain West conference, and is probably a better fit for that level of competition.

• Fire 1

You're severely overestimating the impact that this quaint little message board can have.

I was being quite sarcastic.

I was being quite sarcastic.

Rule #1 of IM/social media: don't use sarcasm unless you make it blatantly clear that you are being sarcastic.
  • Fire 1

If Miles leaves (please leave), go after Gottfred and Crean immediately !!!

Not a fan of Crean. Would take Gottfred though.

Why aren't people a fan of Crean? The dude wins. Indiana had 2 huge non-conference wins this year (over KU and UNC) and then their best player got hurt for the season. Is it because he seems like a big meanie?