Final Thoughts on Transfers

Without Ed Morrow we won 1 big ten game 1...

How many did we win with big Ed?

So...

We sucked with Ed and we sucked without Ed?

Let me just add that I liked Ed and thought he had a role on this team going forward.... it was just that we were having to ask too many minutes out of him.

5-6 with him, 2 of the losses were in OT and one was a one point loss to #7 Wisconsin

1-6 without him

So I would say that the team was better with him

• Fire 2

So...

Let me just add that I liked Ed and thought he had a role on this team going forward.... it was just that we were having to ask too many minutes out of him.

5-6 with him, 2 of the losses were in OT and one was a one point loss to #7 Wisconsin

1-6 without him

Yeah, better but still bad. I remember the loss to Wisconsin well, so should he..... missed FTs by him at the end allowed Wisky to win.

So...

1-6 without him

Yeah, better but still bad. I remember the loss to Wisconsin well, so should he..... missed FTs by him at the end allowed Wisky to win.

Yeah we were up two, so the missed FT's should not have mattered if we could stop the three pointer that Wiscy made. That has killed us all season. Add in the fact that without him the game does not go to OT, its a 5 or 6 point win for WIscy in regulation. The fact is in conference play we were better with him than without him. Had he not got hurt it could have benefited us greatly, but he did get hurt and we all saw how well we played without him... Blaming him for that loss is basically playing the blame game or the what if game. We could have overcome that and did other things in OT to win, his FT's are not the reason they won, it was poor defense near the end.

• Fire 1

The blame game you say?

So in a similar way that all the blame has been placed on HCTM?

A majority of the blame is on Miles. If he does not get the best out of his players that is on him. If his players quit on him and he tries to get the best out of them, it is a shared blame. Players transferring happens, but I do not know who to blame in that regard. I would say both are at fault but it depends on the situation.

At least with the 2 new players committing to Nebraska we can live in a fairly tale land in the off season that Tim will right the ship and get us to the promised land. Maybe Morrow's foot injury is a lasting thing that would've limited him next year and he wouldn't have much impact next year anyways. Really hard to tell now in the off season but I think I'm looking forward to basketball season to start more than I ever have.

At least with the 2 new players committing to Nebraska we can live in a fairly tale land in the off season that Tim will right the ship and get us to the promised land. Maybe Morrow's foot injury is a lasting thing that would've limited him next year and he wouldn't have much impact next year anyways. Really hard to tell now in the off season but I think I'm looking forward to basketball season to start more than I ever have.

I do think that Morrow will always have foot issues while he plays. I also think that Miles will be very lucky to get any "decent" production out of those freshmen.

Define decent production?

I think that one of the two freshmen could potentially have the type of impact Watson had as a a freshman. Which was 8 points per game, usually off the bench.

Yeah, that would be what I would define as decent production.

That's fair. I think their production amounts to how much playing time they are going to get obviously, and that will depend on how good they actually are once they start practicing with Nebraska.

I'm basing this off of rankings 100%, but I don't see why the freshman wouldn't see 10 minutes+ per game. Obviously, if they are unwilling to put in work on the defensive end, that will cut into their time, but I think that is the expectation they should have coming in.

PG: Watson should play 30+ minutes. That leave 10 minutes per game for Allen at the 1.

SG: Gill should get 20 a game, that leaves 20 more between Palmer, Allen, Nana.

SF: McVeigh/Taylor/Roby/Nana will get minutes here I think.

PF: Copeland/McVeigh/Roby will get minutes here I think.

C: Jordy/Duby will get the bulk of the minutes, but someone else is going to have to eat 5+ per game as well.

I feel like their should be plenty of minutes to go around, especially if A) Anyone gets hurt or B) Copeland isn't eligible til after Christmas Break.

Don't really feel like this year needs much production out of the freshman - if it happens then it's a bonus. Looking more that it is time for the veterans/transfers to lead the way.

We don't have enough talent to only rely on vetrans/transfers. We need every bit of production we can get, and then some.

Unless your standards and goals are much lower than mine.

• Fire 1

Don't really feel like this year needs much production out of the freshman - if it happens then it's a bonus. Looking more that it is time for the veterans/transfers to lead the way.

We don't have enough talent to only rely on vetrans/transfers. We need every bit of production we can get, and then some.

Unless your standards and goals are much lower than mine.

The problem with the vets is the lack of scoring.

Shoot even 15 from Watson and 10 from Jordy gets you to 25. Which means the other 3 starters need to come up with 40 points.

• Fire 1