** 2017 Opponent Previews: Purdue (Game 8) **

I have a problem with this kind of article.

I have no problem with acknowledging what Brohm has done as a function of what they've previously done and what they hope to become. He clearly has them on the upswing. But they aren't that team they want to become in future seasons, they're a team with a losing record, projected to have a losing record.

We play this team, not next year's team, so let's not pretend they've already made it. 

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Nebraska coming off a BYE, Purdue coming off a loss to Rutgers and Purdue is favored in this game by -6.5???

This is pathetic. If Nebraska loses this game, Riley may be gone Monday morning.

Nebraska should never be an underdog to Purdue, but maybe, I could stomach it if Purdue was playing good football. How on earth is Nebraska an underdog to a 3-4 Purdue team that just lost to Rutgers? Nebraska has morphed into Oregon State.

This game will probably be similar to Michigan-Purdue game except our defense won't step up like Michigan's did after Purdue broke Speight's back. Purdue had 4 sacks in that game and I commented at the time that Riley's fate might come down to a player safety issue. Fortunately our passive defense keeps our offense off the field. The spread makes sense although Purdue looked less than impressive last week against Rutgers. They are not very good.

Diaco absolutely has to swallow his pride and blitz like hell in this game. If we lose this game in the neighborhood of something like 35-30 I will lose my mind.

There is absolutely no reason that Purdue should put up more than 24 points in this game and our offense should be able to get one touchdown per quarter.

Come on coaches, you can do this. You're better than this. You can game plan for Purdue...right?

• Plus1 1