ESPN's Black Wednesday

Also, how great was the severance package? I mean, it's gotta be good for no one to put ESPN on blast yet... You gotta believe it's bound to happen here at some point. Someone will be bitter.

If they were at the end of a contract, they may not be entitled to a severance package.

I don't think anyone has put ESPN on blast publicly, because they want to show good form to prospective employers. They also may want to leave on good terms so it's a possibility to come back to the 4-letter network down the road.

Yup. You are correct. I guess if it was an older employee at the end of the road, then we could see it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Peter Gammons put them on blast for firing Jayson Stark now that I think of it.

I LOL'ed when I saw Britt McHenery on the list.... What a *****!!!!

Glad she is getting canned after that fiasco last year.

Yeah, karma really bit McHenry on the butt there. She's a pretty gal, so I am sure she won't have any issue finding a job.

Exactly. I didn't word that well. I meant that I don't feel bad for her for getting fired after her shenanigans. I wasn't pulling for her to get cut.

I LOL'ed when I saw Britt McHenery on the list.... What a *****!!!!

Glad she is getting canned after that fiasco last year.

Yeah, karma really bit McHenry on the butt there. She's a pretty gal, so I am sure she won't have any issue finding a job.

Exactly. I didn't word that well. I meant that I don't feel bad for her for getting fired after her shenanigans. I wasn't pulling for her to get cut.

I smiled when I saw her get the boot. I agree that it sucks when people lose their jobs, but the way she treated that woman in the tow lot was terrible.

What am I supposed to think about for a moment?

Dirk is referencing that an actual college basketball reporter (Katz) gets fired while a guy who does predictions on the NCAA tournament field (Lunardi) is kept around. I am sure Lunardi gets plenty of clicks on ESPN.com throughout the year, I just think that Dirk is irked by an actual reporter is losing his job.

What am I supposed to think about for a moment?

Dirk is referencing that an actual college basketball reporter (Katz) gets fired while a guy who does predictions on the NCAA tournament field (Lunardi) is kept around. I am sure Lunardi gets plenty of clicks on ESPN.com throughout the year, I just think that Dirk is irked by an actual reporter is losing his job.

I see. I misread the Tweet. I thought Dirk said they were both let go.

I guess I'll go there and ask the question, does anyone find it strange that a vast majority of the individuals shown in the deadspin article where white? Do you think that is just because ESPN employees more whites than others? I'm not trying to be racist and honestly don't care one way or another, just my initial thought.

Edit - just wanted to clarify that when I said I am not trying to be racist, I am not screaming foul for the white man or demand that ESPN fire an equally amount, or anything like that. I

I guess I'll go there and ask the question, does anyone find it strange that a vast majority of the individuals shown in the deadspin article where white? Do you think that is just because ESPN employees more whites than others? I'm not trying to be racist and honestly don't care one way or another, just my initial thought.

If the majority of the employees are white, the majority of the people fired are also going to be white.

Other than the 2 anchors who do the SC at 6 pm eastern, I don't know of too many other prominent black employees of ESPN.

If the majority of the employees are white, the majority of the people fired are also going to be white.

Other than the 2 anchors who do the SC at 6 pm eastern, I don't know of too many other prominent black employees of ESPN.

Stephen-A.-Smith-Womens-World-Cup-commen

• Fire 2

Stephen-A.-Smith-Womens-World-Cup-commen
Ha. Good one. That shows you how much I care about ESPN.

Figured this was probably most of the reasoning. Also, I meant employs not employees, could help if I could type correctly.

Figured this was probably most of the reasoning. Also, I meant employs not employees, could help if I could type correctly.

Yes, like many large industries, broadcasting is predominantly white.