The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

On 5/2/2020 at 12:07 AM, BlitzFirst said:

Hot off the press on 5/1....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/second-biden-misconduct-allegation-emerges

Actually, it's the 10th he's had....I'm sure it's not a pattern.

Uhh, guys...

Every time one of these bullsh#t allegations makes the rounds, regardless of how quickly or easily it is debunked, it damages Biden's credibility with people who don't care to stick around to find out the truth. Even ITT people were commenting how it affects their perception of Biden. That's exactly the point. This is new-age swiftboating. People run with a story before even knowing if its true. By the time we've got the facts it's already impacted how we view someone.

There are people out there who are going to continue to drudge up sh#t like this to hurt Biden. I would urge you to put on your skeptic hats and judge every story on the merits and the actual evidence before rushing to judgment.  Don't let the scumlords of the world win by pulling the BS wool over your eyes.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Uhh, guys...

Every time one of these bullsh#t allegations makes the rounds, regardless of how quickly or easily it is debunked, it damages Biden's credibility with people who don't care to stick around to find out the truth. Even ITT people were commenting how it affects their perception of Biden. That's exactly the point. This is new-age swiftboating. People run with a story before even knowing if its true. By the time we've got the facts it's already impacted how we view someone.

There are people out there who are going to continue to drudge up sh#t like this to hurt Biden. I would urge you to put on your skeptic hats and judge every story on the merits and the actual evidence before rushing to judgment.  Don't let the scumlords of the world win by pulling the BS wool over your eyes.

I totally agree, which is why the MeToo thing was insane (we all know it, it is okay to admit it) because it became this crazy "man guilty, women honest" thing.

But...is there a chance the 14 year old girl just sort of got the date/event wrong?  I did not read this so I am just asking your opinion on it.  

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Another example right here. That's not Tara Reade.

If you don't think there's a concerted campaign out there to hurt Biden regardless of the facts, you're fooling yourself.

I don't think that is even Joe Biden!  Ha

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But...is there a chance the 14 year old girl just sort of got the date/event wrong?  I did not read this so I am just asking your opinion on it. 

It is of course possible she got the date or event wrong. But I just read the two original stories on Law & Crime that broke this news (then covered Biden's shooting it down) and here are a few things:

She described the event in pretty specific detail. It was a formal event. She described being in awe of everyone's fancy clothes. Then she says Biden walked up and commented on her breast size in the middle of a group of people.

In addition to the evidence refuting this above in the tweet I posted, Biden provided two separate news pieces describing surgery for a deviated septum earlier that week that would keep him out of work for a week. Hence, an aide going to this event for him.

The accuser is standing by her story via a Facebook post in which she gets the facts wrong on why Biden wasn't there. She said he was out "he had a sinus infection."

Also, the accusers aunt is Christine O'Donnell, a Tea Party Republican who ran for Senate three times in Delaware between 2006-2010, including once against Biden in 2008. The whole reason this girl was supposed to be at this dinner was her aunt. So their family would have no motive to try to hurt Biden politically, right?

This is all the stuff sitting back and waiting for facts instead of running immediately with any accusation will allow you to analyze before reaching a conclusion.

This one doesn't pass the smell test, at all. Mark my words: This is a smear explicitly to try to hurt Biden.

That I even had to spend this much time laying out facts illustrates why this stuff is powerful: Gathering evidence, examining facts and communicating it takes time. It takes almost no effort to run with fact-free bullsh#t with a motive in mind, especially with a weaponized propaganda network at your disposal.

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It is of course possible she got the date or event wrong. But I just read the two original stories on Law & Crime that broke this news (then covered Biden's shooting it down) and here are a few things:

She described the event in pretty specific detail. It was a formal event. She described being in awe of everyone's fancy clothes. Then she says Biden walked up and commented on her breast size in the middle of a group of people.

In addition to the evidence refuting this above in the tweet I posted, Biden provided two separate news pieces describing surgery for a deviated septum earlier that week that would keep him out of work for a week. Hence, an aide going to this event for him.

The accuser is standing by her story via a Facebook post in which she gets the facts wrong on why Biden wasn't there. She said he was out "he had a sinus infection."

Also, the accusers aunt is Christine O'Donnell, a Tea Party Republican who ran for Senate three times in Delaware between 2006-2010, including once against Biden in 2008. The whole reason this girl was supposed to be at this dinner was her aunt. So their family would have no motive to try to hurt Biden politically, right?

This is all the stuff sitting back and waiting for facts instead of running immediately with any accusation will allow you to analyze before reaching a conclusion.

This one doesn't pass the smell test, at all. Mark my words: This is a smear explicitly to try to hurt Biden.

That I even had to spend this much time laying out facts illustrates why this stuff is powerful: Gathering evidence, examining facts and communicating it takes time. It takes almost no effort to run with fact-free bullsh#t with a motive in mind, especially with a weaponized propaganda network at your disposal.

Thanks!

Doesn't pass the smell test...but with a deviated septum that is expected!  Ha

• Haha 1

I can't wait for another seven months of garbage accusations against Biden for things of which he's never been credibly accused of before in the five or so decades he's been in public service.

And then people insincerely going, "Oh, well, maybe it's true but who knows?"

But her emails.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I can't wait for another seven months of garbage accusations against Biden for things of which he's never been credibly accused of before in the five or so decades he's been in public service.

But her emails.

It takes a lot less time and effort to peddle a lie than to refute it. And it spreads like a virus while evidence is being gathered to put out the fire.

Ultimately, the truth matters. It has to matter, or the scumlords and sh#t peddlers of the world win.

Funny you should mention emails. The media keeps repeating the same old mistakes cycle after cycle, eh?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

But her emails.

Really?  You can't wait for that?

Most of your posts give me the impression that you are over garbage accusations.  Interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This story crumbled really quickly.

"If it happened in 2007, that makes it even worse."

Come on. Does that sound like someone who's not doing this explicitly to hurt Biden?

maybe they should check and find out where Biden actually was before they come out with these claims.   :sarcasm