The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Im not on welfare or make minimum wage.  I make a good living and will be living very comfortable when I have a joint income with my fiancé.  But I am in healthcare and see how f#&%ed up it is.  So it doesn't just appeal to welfare or minimum wage.  And I don't trust Warren to do MFA.

A good living?  Wait a second...sounds like you might have some extra cash...could I give you my Venmo?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...You won't have any left after that!  

I got something better for you. Ill agree to pay more in taxes under MFA so if you get cancer you dont have to decide whether to live and financially ruin yourself and your family or forego treatment and die. Deal?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I got something better for you. Ill agree to pay more in taxes under MFA so if you get cancer you dont have to decide whether to live and financially ruin yourself and your family or forego treatment and die. Deal?

Ha...no!

I would rather you venmo me some sweet sweet cash.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

I want healthcare for all and other liberal ideas for societal improvement 98% of the time and then 2% of the time wanting to say f’you to the arrogant people that seem to think they need to hide all their money cuz lazy people are trying to work the system.  

And for the record - if I go thru the list of liberals vs conservatives in my life, its the liberals that have the money.  The ones that complain about taxing the wealthy and how people shouldn't have to give anything up for others that are worse off than them are the ones who aren't giving anything up, but are benefitting from pensions, medicare etc.  An interesting finding. 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Of course.  And a publicly traded company or LLC is NOT individual wealth.

:facepalm:

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

So....in my example above with Jeff Bezos, when they say his net worth is 111 billion, according to you, that does not include the 106 billion that he owns in Amazon or the value of his ownership in Washington Post.

Is that really what you're claiming?

12 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I gave you the definition of what would be taxed above...please read it.

Liquid assets would definitely be considered part of what could be taxed for wealth...but businesses fall under corporate taxes, not individual wealth tax.

So, you’re saying that Bezo’s stock in amazon is not part of his net worth.  

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

No and I haven't been saying that.  He makes money on that stock just like everyone else does.  I said they wouldn't tax businesses but it would tax individuals.  I'm still saying that now...been saying it the entire time.

Dude....have you looked up what “financial securities” are?

let me know what it says.