The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nah.

That's just a narrative.  Trump is 5 years younger.  Warren is 8 years younger.  Neither one of them are spring chickens.

This is just people WISHING he'd drop out because it would be easier for them as candidates and easier for those that don't want to vote for him because they don't have to think about him.

Eh. He's in the hospital with a pretty serious health condition as we speak. I think that's a big deal to most people.

• Plus1 1

Just now, knapplc said:

Eh. He's in the hospital with a pretty serious health condition as we speak. I think that's a big deal to most people.

Agreed.  Clinton was blasted for having pneumonia; Trump (or whomever the GOP candidate might be) will be right to question the cardiovascular health of an 80 year old man.

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nah.

That's just a narrative.  Trump is 5 years younger.  Warren is 8 years younger.  Neither one of them are spring chickens.

This is just people WISHING he'd drop out because it would be easier for them as candidates and easier for those that don't want to vote for him because they don't have to think about him.

Bernies ideas are more in line with progressive democrats than any other candidate.  And they are younger than all democrats as well.

And, this is someone just really wanting him to be the nomination without thinking through the next 10 years.

And...for the record, I wish someone much younger was in the running on both sides.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Agreed.  Clinton was blasted for having pneumonia; Trump (or whomever the GOP candidate might be) will be right to question the cardiovascular health of an 80 year old man.

One that will be in office possibly from 80-88 years old.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, NM11046 said:

Thanks alot- I remember them making a big deal about the two of them getting together to make a video for gun laws or something right after I typed that.  I think thats why i assumed.  Tongues wave for stupid things huh?  

I just remembered - she endorsed my OTHER rep, Ed Markey in MA, for his senate race.  So I was only partially crazy.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, this is someone just really wanting him to be the nomination without thinking through the next 10 years.

And...for the record, I wish someone much younger was in the running on both sides.

One that will be in office possibly from 80-88 years old.

If he cant campaign like he was doing before this setback, yes, drop out.  But this is a relatively easy procedure that will fix the issue, so if he can keep going as much as he was before he should stay in.  He raised the most money out of any candidate in Q3 by a long shot so far (Warren and Biden haven't announced) and he has over 1,000,000 individual donors.  He has momentum right now so I don't think he will drop out.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

If he cant campaign like he was doing before this setback, yes, drop out.  But this is a relatively easy procedure that will fix the issue, so if he can keep going as much as he was before he should stay in.  He raised the most money out of any candidate in Q3 by a long shot so far (Warren and Biden haven't announced) and he has over 1,000,000 individual donors.  He has momentum right now so I don't think he will drop out.

This morning on the tv interview he was talking about how tough physically campaigning is. 

Well...I’ve always felt that’s a good indication if someone has the energy to be president and can handle it physically. 

I don't think he can when you think about how old he is going to be while president. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This morning on the tv interview he was talking about how tough physically campaigning is. 

Well...I’ve always felt that’s a good indication if someone has the energy to be president and can handle it physically. 

I don't think he can when you think about how old he is going to be while president. 

You know he does like 3-5 rallies a day, right?  That would be tough for anyone.  Biden doesn't even come close to that and he is the co-front runner.

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You know he does like 3-5 rallies a day, right?  That would be tough for anyone.  Biden doesn't even come close to that and he is the co-front runner.

Great. 

Is he going to be able to do that at 84?  What about 88?

My parents and friends are just now going through their 80s. 

Its amazing how much they go down hill every year at that age. 

This isn't like looking at a fit 55 year old and believe he’s going to stay in good shape over the next 10 years. 

Im predicting right now that if Bernie is elected, he will have a major health problem or death while in office. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great. 

Is he going to be able to do that at 84?  What about 88?

My parents and friends are just now going through their 80s. 

Its amazing how much they go down hill every year at that age. 

This isn't like looking at a fit 55 year old and believe he’s going to stay in good shape over the next 10 years. 

Im predicting right now that if Bernie is elected, he will have a major health problem or death while in office. 

I have no idea if he will be able to do that.  I don't have a Krystal Ball haha.  All I know is that if he feels like he can continue, he has my vote because he is the only one I can trust not to sell out and I agree with most of his policies.  You have the choice not to vote for him and you seem to have come to that conclusion even before this problem.

And your last point is why his VP choice is extremely important.  I can see him picking Warren because I don't think hed want a centrist as his running mate since it goes against all his beliefs.  Warren I think will choose a centrist because she is playing both sides.

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I have no idea if he will be able to do that.  I don't have a Krystal Ball haha.  All I know is that if he feels like he can continue, he has my vote because he is the only one I can trust not to sell out and I agree with most of his policies.  You have the choice not to vote for him and you seem to have come to that conclusion even before this problem.

Yeah...old people think they will be able to keep doing things. 

Its up to us to decide if that’s realistic or not. I don’t think it is. 

Sorry to all old people for the bad news. 

• Plus1 1

Uh, we need to maybe face reality on Joe Biden.

Biden’s Most Formidable Opponent Is Not Another Democrat

URBANDALE, Iowa—One scorching, airless early evening in the middle of August, on the outskirts of Des Moines here at a place called Living History Farms, Joe Biden stood in front of an old yellow barn and talked to a couple hundred people about the past.

“I think that, uh, the behavior of this administration has awakened, uh, a whole new generation to get engaged in ways that they may not have gotten before,” Biden said, referring to President Donald Trump and the current tumult. “Just like in my generation, when I got out of school that, uh, when Bobby Kennedy and Dr. King had been assassinated in the ‘70s, uh, late seven—when I got engaged, um, you know, up to that time, remember the, none of you women will know this, but a couple men may remember, that was a time in the early, late ‘60s, and the early ‘60s and ‘60s, where it was drop out and go to Haight-Ashbury, don’t get engaged, don’t trust anybody over 30. I mean, for real. What happened to them, by the, by the early ‘70s, the late ‘60s, there was a whole generation that said, ‘Enough.’ The war in Vietnam was under way, and it was—a lot of you served in that war—and, uh, we were fighting like the devil to make sure that there was something dealing with cleaning up the environment, which was only beginning. We were in a position where the women’s movement was just beginning to move. We should have, by now, long before, passed the ERA amendment, but that was another issue …”

Sticky-squeezed into plastic chairs, the torpid crowd used handed-out campaign paraphernalia to fan their sweaty faces. But at this mention of the equal rights amendment, somebody started to clap, and others followed suit, and the smattering of applause felt like an act of mercy—giving the characteristically discursive Biden a chance to reset and everybody else the opportunity to take a breath and maybe not think too hard about the fact that the former vice president had bungled by a decade the dates of two of the most jarring and consequential killings in modern American history.

I mean, I'll vote for the guy over Trump, but I sure hope he has a great Veep lined up if he wins.

• Plus1 1