The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think Bernie is the best candidate and the fact he continually gets shafted by the media makes me want him as our guy even more. He should be mentioned with Biden and Warren but many act like he isn't even running and leave his name out of discussion all together. Its ridiculous. Not around here as much as I see on twitter so many people will be talking democratic candidates without mentioning Sanders. It is a disservice to the people.

He's 80 years old and just had a heart attack. He's done.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Also why is it assumed Bernie is done when he is raising more money than anyone else on more donations than anyone else. Seems pretty silly to dismiss the fundraising leader.

He has a Cult of Personality that is going to follow him where ever he goes. However, for undecideds and independents, his health is going to be a major concern, as it should be. If he should get the nomination, his VP pick is going to be of the utmost importance. 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

He has a Cult of Personality that is going to follow him where ever he goes. However, for undecideds and independents, his health is going to be a major concern, as it should be. If he should get the nomination, his VP pick is going to be of the utmost importance. 

That is completely fair but I think its entirely disingenuous to say he is done right now. He is all in on this(now or never), he is raising alot of money and he has a large base of supporters. That is a recipe for success on a political campaign.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

The people saying Sanders is done aren't saying they think that's how it should be. It's a pretty logical conclusion based on how volatile politics can be. Howard Dean was done because he yelled in a weird way. Having a heart attack is unprecedented for a presidential candidate during their campaign as far as I'm aware. It's going to turn some voters off, even if it shouldn't.

I think Sanders is my favorite candidate but I don't favor him much over Warren so I would prefer if one dropped out, and it's fine with me if it's Sanders, so the other could take down Biden. This would be a good reason/excuse for him to take one for the team so we don't get Biden as the nominee.

• Plus1 1