The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

That is completely fair but I think its entirely disingenuous to say he is done right now. He is all in on this(now or never), he is raising alot of money and he has a large base of supporters. That is a recipe for success on a political campaign.

You aren't wrong; he's going to be a strong contender, and possibly the front runner. I do think his health will sink him in the end, though. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not at all.  Stating that someone 2 years older than the front runner should drop out because of his age being the stupid thing...and people should stfu about age because 2 years diff for Biden and 3 years for Trump shows that 78 isn't too old.

No...nobody should STFU because you don’t agree with what they are saying. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

That is completely fair but I think its entirely disingenuous to say he is done right now. He is all in on this(now or never), he is raising alot of money and he has a large base of supporters. That is a recipe for success on a political campaign.

You are confusing him thinking he should be done and voters deciding if they want an 80+ year old president in bad health. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Has anyone cast votes yet? Didn't think so. Sanders still polls exceptionally well.

This argument and the one you made about fundraising can't be made yet. It's too soon to see what affect his health will have. We need more time, at least a few more days, to get numbers on what affect it might have.

You have to take what BRB said at face value. He didn't say Bernie is done because he's old. He said it because he's old -AND- just had a heart attack.

Look, I've been critical of Sanders in the past. I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primaries.  But I have really come around on him. I'd love to vote for him or Warren at the top of a ticket because they're both right about some of the major problems plaguing our society and preventing it from being all that it could be. And they both promise distinct but similarly intriguing solutions to these problems.

That said, people should reservations about all candidates, Bernie included. This is a big deal and how they handle this situation matters. I just hope he and his campaign are as transparent as possible about everything and allow us to make an educated decision about his candidacy. We deserve that as voters.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Same thing as GTFO when using it in the context I used it in.  If the context is lost on you, I cannot help you.

It's like a mobster movie where Joe Pesci says incredulously at some of his guys saying something that's just kind of unbelievable "GET THE FUGG OUT OF HEEEEEEE" or "shut the fugg up!"

I was incredulously exclaiming people should stop talking about age when Biden is only 2 years younger than Bernie because it makes little sense in the debate.

Feel free to disagree.  I wasn't commanding people to silence.

Has Biden had a heart attack? People aren't talking only about age.

Biden isn't with it mentally though, and Sanders is, so I'd still pick Sanders over him.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Biden has had two brain aneurysms previously and an one of his eyes filled with blood during a CNN town hall in the past few months.  It's not like he's the pinnacle of health either I suppose.

Then he should have the same issues getting elected, however I didn't know about it so I'm guessing lots of other voters don't either. (I would prefer he not win the nomination, regardless).

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Trump trying to bait Clinton back into the race and Hillary's response.  We sure don't need 2016 to repeat itself.  Worse Ground Hog day I could imagine politically speaking.  

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/dont-tempt-me-hillary-clinton-fires-back-at-trump-daring-her-to-run-with-eyebrow-raising-tweet/

only if donnie explains all his high crimes