The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

It looks like all 12 candidates will be on stage at the same time for the fourth debate.

The candidates who are in the most trouble fund-raising wise are Harris, Booker and Castro.

Beto and Klobuchar seem to be languishing without much of an identity.

I'm still not sure why Biden is running for president, and I really don't believe he wants the job.

This will be Tom Steyer's first time on the big stage. What does he believe in, other than impeachment?

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think the most important thing is that no one should be "rich", that is something that needs to be deleted from our vocabulary.  

I'd say it's fine and even really great to be rich. But it should come with a much higher obligation and responsibility to make sure you are using your excess to help the most who are lacking in the best way possible, and that you aren't getting rich off of the breaking backs of those people.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'd say it's fine and even really great to be rich. But it should come with a much higher obligation and responsibility to make sure you are using your excess to help the most who are lacking in the best way possible, and that you aren't getting rich off of the breaking backs of those people.

Yeah, I was kidding.

I would love to be rich!  I feel like I would be a good rich person and help out but I guess I don't know for sure.  I think we have all done the old "If you win 500 million dollars what would you do with the money" game...I would help my friends and family for sure but after that I am not sure.

Thoughts on this?   I still think closing loopholes for corporate tax would be better, but I'm not sure I'm opposed to this.  I'll have to do more reading on the plan.

Sen. Bernie Sanders unveiled a new plan on Monday to levy taxes on companies with huge pay disparities between CEOs and their employees — a proposal that, if passed, would cost Apple $1.4 billion.

The Democratic presidential candidate’s plan — the Income Inequality Tax Plan — would raise corporate tax rates on companies with CEO to median work ratios above 50 to 1, beginning with an additional 0.5 percentage point penalty for businesses that pay their chief executive 50 to 100 times more than their average worker.

The tax penalty would peak at 5 percent for companies whose CEOs earn 500 times that of the typical employee, Sanders’ campaign said. Companies with an annual revenue under $100 million would be exempt from the tax.

I can see some other major companies hit, Amazon, probably most major fast food places, WalMart etc

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

No, she hasn't endorsed anyone yet.  Warren wants it badly though.

Thanks alot- I remember them making a big deal about the two of them getting together to make a video for gun laws or something right after I typed that.  I think thats why i assumed.  Tongues wave for stupid things huh?  

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Redux, Im not trying to be a dick or anything but I think it is important in this forum to have facts correct. The other day you said the only people who support Bernie are minimum wage people on welfare and I said most of his donors are teachers. Well here ya go. 

Yeah, teachers! Haha . 

Funny though, I don't know one teacher that is all about Bernie...I only know teachers that are for Warren or for Trump.  Last time I felt like a lot of teachers were hot for Bernie but it just doesn't seem the same this time around, but again, this is a really small sample size and also just in one area.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1