The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Provide evidence of Joe Biden doing anything to get Hunter Biden a job at Burisma. Either that or quit making that outlandish claim that has been debunked time and again

Look, I know what you're getting at, but Hunter Biden doesn't get that job if his dad isn't Joe Biden.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Provide evidence of Joe Biden doing anything to get Hunter Biden a job at Burisma. Either that or quit making that outlandish claim that has been debunked time and again

Sure...his Dad is Joe Biden, former VP of the USA.  That is what he "did", it is why Hunter was picked over Bob Schmeckie.

There is nothing wrong with it, he got a sweet gig and it helped because of his last name.  What is so outlandish about that?

Look, you are a practice guy...do this

Do you think who his Dad is/was

A.  Helped

B.  Hurt

C.  Literally had no impact at all 

D.  None of the above

If you had to pick, if your life depended on it...you are picking A...we all are.  Nothing wrong with your Dad (or name) helping you out in life.  It is not outlandish...In fact it would be outlandish if Joe REFUSED to help his kid out.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Look, I know what you're getting at, but Hunter Biden doesn't get that job if his dad isn't Joe Biden.

Exactly, and who cares?

Most parents want to help their kids out anyway they can.  

You think the f#&%ing Kennedy clan renounces their name?  Of course not.

The only "big timer" I can remember doing that was Nick Cage who is really a Copella (I think)

Just now, teachercd said:

Exactly, and who cares?

Most parents want to help their kids out anyway they can.  

You think the f#&%ing Kennedy clan renounces their name?  Of course not.

The only "big timer" I can remember doing that was Nick Cage who is really a Copella (I think)

I don't want an aristocracy in the US, so I care.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

You care if parents help their kids get a job?  No you don't.

I care if wealth and privilege are simply passed down. There's a huge difference between helping your kid pay for college and your kid getting a multi-million dollar job for no reason other being your kid.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I care if wealth and privilege are simply passed down. There's a huge difference between helping your kid pay for college and your kid getting a multi-million dollar job for no reason other being your kid.

Yeah, I get what you are saying...but isn't that the companies problem/issue?  Not the kid with the last name of Biden?

That would be like getting mad at an athlete that is clearly past his prime but he still signs a HUGE a$$ contract that straps team.  It isn't his fault they offered him deal.

Also, wasn't Biden's gig only like 900K a year?

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying...but isn't that the companies problem/issue?  Not the kid with the last name of Biden?

That would be like getting mad at an athlete that is clearly past his prime but he still signs a HUGE a$$ contract that straps team.  It isn't his fault they offered him deal.

Yes, I think it's a broader societal problem.

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The question really is...where do you draw the line?

Now that would make for a really interesting conversation.  I am not 100% sure where I would land on that topic.

Yes, it's difficult to draw the line and a lot of discussion needs to be had about what we want and don't want to allow.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

True. What law was broke?

None that I know of, but I think it's unethical and should be regulated or not allowed. Like how politicians being able to take loads of money isn't illegal but is detrimental to society and democracy.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

True. What law was broke?

None, I would not think.  

I know a few schools that no longer let family members coach together because of "nepotism" issues but that is few and far between and it isn't a law, just a rule at those schools/districts.  

Plus, wasn't the job "technically" in another country?  So American law (if there was one for this) would not even matter, would it?

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, it's difficult to draw the line and a lot of discussion needs to be had about what we want and don't want to allow.

None that I know of, but I think it's unethical and should be regulated or not allowed. Like how politicians being able to take loads of money isn't illegal but is detrimental to society and democracy.

How far would you go for your kids?

Clearly anything related to health we would all do all we could.  So that one is easy.

Would you call a buddy up and be like "Hey, Junior just finished up with his degree and he loves your company, think you could get him in?"

Or like Will Smith puts his son (they ruined Karate Kid) in his movies, I am okay with that.

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How far would you go for your kids?

Clearly anything related to health we would all do all we could.  So that one is easy.

Would you call a buddy up and be like "Hey, Junior just finished up with his degree and he loves your company, think you could get him in?"

Or like Will Smith puts his son (they ruined Karate Kid) in his movies, I am okay with that.

Depends if your kid is qualified or not. And there's also a difference when we're talking about millions of dollars as opposed to minimum wage.