Why the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry needs more Brian Ferentz firebombs

Why the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry needs more Brian Ferentz

firebombs — and a lot more healthy spite

By Sean Keeler, Land Of 10 Writer-Columnist

<snip>

Last Black Friday, the next-door neighbor invited your family over for drinks. Then he spray-painted your truck, gave you a wedgie, served you fruit punch from old cat food tins and shaved your dog. Iowa 40, Huskers 10. If it weren’t for the final whistle, Akrum Wadley would still be running, free and clear, to the kind of daylight reserved for Monaco at sunrise.

Enter Brian Ferentz, striding fearlessly up to the cave, poke-poke-poking the sleeping bear. With a mallet.

Brian Ferentz. Proving that there's a twit in Twitter. :facepalm:

• Fire 2

Brian Ferentz has a job at Iowa because his dad is the boss.

Let that sink in a bit

I guess I don't have any issue with that. I wish my Dad was a decent college football coach making like 4 million a year and could hire me for probably 600K a year.

I'm talking about him having a platform to have diarrhea of the mouth.

• Fire 1

Let that sink in a bit

I guess I don't have any issue with that. I wish my Dad was a decent college football coach making like 4 million a year and could hire me for probably 600K a year.

I don't think most teams have room for a "Drinking Coordinator" :wasted

• Fire 1

Let that sink in a bit

uOL5JeG.jpg

• Fire 7

Let that sink in a bit

uOL5JeG.jpg

Are you going to clean up all the coffee I just spit all over my desk?! :lol:

• Fire 1

Let that sink in a bit

Hahaha!

Don't leave out Ferentz taking shots at ISU and Minnesota's recruiting as well

Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz, son of Hawkeyes head coach Kirk Ferentz, recently spoke on a Des Moines Register Podcast, and he questioned the validity of some of Fleck’s offers. He included second-year Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell in his comments, as well. As transcribed by The Star-Tribune:

“The guys in Ames [iowa State] and the new guy in Minneapolis seem to have no problem throwing early things out. What I’ve learned, certainly about the guys in Ames, we’ll find out about the guys in Minneapolis, what does an offer really mean?

“I can tell you this much, if the University of Iowa offers you a scholarship and you commit to us, we intend to sign you and we intend to take your commitment. I think you have to look no further than in-state to see there were a lot of offers that went out in the 2018 class very early out of Ames. And I’m not sure all of those guys were able to commit to them if they wanted to, because some of those guys have since gone other places.”

Let that sink in a bit

uOL5JeG.jpg

Are you going to clean up all the coffee I just spit all over my desk?! :lol:

I thought you would appreciate that