** 2017 Opponent Previews: Wisconsin (Game 6) **

39 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

Alex Hornibrook ranks No. 6 nationally in yards/attempt (10.0), No. 10 in yards/completion (14.97), and has completed several passes of 20+ yards.

Still, he doesn't get impatient like other QBs who feel a need to make a big play. He seems like he'd rather hit the open guy for the sure ten yards than take the 1-on1 deep shot.

That's what Neb. is gonna give him all day; and I feel like he'll be more than willing to take it.

Hornibrook has a completion percentage of 66% and has thrown only three interceptions.

Lee has a completion percentage of 54% with nine interceptions.

We're a mistake-riddled team. Wisconsin plays mistake-free football. The chances of our offense seeing the end zone more than three times seems very unlikely to me. 

Probably way too early to say whether this is Riley's biggest game of his Nebraska career so far. It might be if we get blown out, which I see as a very believable possibility; if we get blown out he has practically no chance of being allowed to stay from a "direction" standpoint by Green and Bounds, regardless of who we bring in as AD.

If we win, it will be because our 3-4 defense seals the run running lanes. I think the main question is whether or not our team actually cares about winning. If they come out of the tunnel flat like they did against Northern Illinois, it's over before it started. I want to win this game more than any game we've played in the last two seasons but I just don't see it happening.

• Plus1 2

Some random thoughts. It's a possibility that:

A) Lee just needed some time to settle into the starting QB role for a team he had never played a live down for.

B) Riley/Langsdorf needed a few games to figure out what this offense is/isn't capable of executing.

C) Ozigbo has a career day against the Badgers.

But, based on what we've seen in our first five contests is an offense that is pretty inconsistent. I see Wisconsin blitzing hard, rattling Lee, and forcing him to throw interceptions. 

I think we're going to need to get the ball into the hands of our receivers on the edges. Then follow it up with Ozigbo. Switch it up then by occasionally throwing to Ozigbo in the flats out of the shotgun. 

Obviously we haven't had much success with bubble screens so far, but maybe we'll run the jet sweep a bit. I don't know. Langsdorf had a great night mixing in many elements of our offense against Illinois. But Wisconsin is basically never bad against the run. We're not just going to hand it off to Ozigbo 25 - 30 times to beat them - Lee is going to have to have an excellent night. I just don't see us getting into the end zone more than a couple of times (but I've never wanted to be wrong more).