** 2017 Husker Previews: SBNation - How patient are Nebraska fans? **

One thing that gets skimmed over is that TA was hurt or not playing in 3 of the 4 losses - only the OT loss to Wisky was Tommy healthy. Granted, we weren't beating tOSU either way, but that seems like a pretty big reason why our offense imploded down the stretch last season.

I still can't believe that TA was Nebraska's best option at QB last year and the lack of development of a solid #2 was glaring once TA was hurt. And yes, I understand they didn't want to pull any redshirts. Hopefully they have a more developed QB room this season.

When Riley brought in Tanner Lee, there was some thought that he might be immediately eligible in 2016. That was a long shot, but Lee was granted an extra year of eligibility for 2018. Where Riley missed the boat was not recruiting a QB in the 2015 class. I know he had just been hired, but he should have at least brought in a body who was better suited for his style of offense. Maybe he was doing the "smart" thing by saying he didn't have his QB for a full 2 years, so you can't hold those first 2 years against him (which many NU fans are giving him).

Don't you need to take a QB in every class? If not every class, at least your first class?

One thing that gets skimmed over is that TA was hurt or not playing in 3 of the 4 losses - only the OT loss to Wisky was Tommy healthy. Granted, we weren't beating tOSU either way, but that seems like a pretty big reason why our offense imploded down the stretch last season.

That is a good point.

It was mentioned in the article.

That is a good point.

Dang it! I never read the entire thing...just the clip you put up.

That is a good point.

:facepalm:

:B)

That is a good point.

That is a good point.

As I said, he skimmed over it: "It does bear mentioning that the offense, and therefore the team as a whole, became much more scattershot late, when the schedule improved and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. dealt with injury." He even goes on to say, "But it won’t be a surprise if either four-star youngster — redshirt freshman Patrick O’Brien or true freshman Tristan Gebbia — takes over the top spot before or during the season."

But never says the offense might be better because a QB injury won't derail the offense. That's what I'm saying.

As I said, he skimmed over it: "It does bear mentioning that the offense, and therefore the team as a whole, became much more scattershot late, when the schedule improved and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. dealt with injury." He even goes on to say, "But it won’t be a surprise if either four-star youngster — redshirt freshman Patrick O’Brien or true freshman Tristan Gebbia — takes over the top spot before or during the season."

But never says the offense might be better because a QB injury won't derail the offense. That's what I'm saying.

Honestly, I think that's unlikely. When is the last time our QB made it through the whole season uninjured or replaced.

2008?

Honestly, I think that's unlikely. When is the last time our QB made it through the whole season uninjured or replaced.

2008?

I'm confused by you saying that's unlikely, as I'm basically saying that QB injury is likely, so having a quality backup will be a big plus for the offense.

2008?

I'm confused by you saying that's unlikely, as I'm basically saying that QB injury is likely, so having a quality backup will be a big plus for the offense.

Ah, I misread and assumed you meant an injury was less likely.

Did our mobile QB's get hurt more often because of their abilities and how they were used? I would argue we have dealt with QB injuries so often because our quarterbacks took more hits than a pocket passer may take throughout their careers.

We had injuries to starters in 2007 and 2009 with non-mobile QB's.

But no, I read a study about it a couple years ago, and there's not really a correlation between mobile QB's and injuries.

I like how all these previews list the brand new QB as a reason we struggle. I'm chalking it up as a HUGE reason we are more successful than the predictions let on.

To be fair, that's almost always the case when replacing a 4 year starter.

Assuming NO research is done.

• Fire 1

I like how all these previews list the brand new QB as a reason we struggle. I'm chalking it up as a HUGE reason we are more successful than the predictions let on.

Because Bill Connelly doesn't do research...

lmao

Because Bill Connelly doesn't do research...

lmao

There are almost 130 teams to divulge opinions on, phoning it happens. Not saying that happened here, the preview is pretty spot on. But the QB position is stronger than it has been in years even though none of them have taken a snap in a real game for Nebraska. Not much research necessary to conclude that.

• Fire 1