The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

1 minute ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I'm probably going to regret putting my hat into the ring, but do two wrongs make a right? I mean, sure Trump is a scumbucket but those two are not mutually exclusive.

You are correct - two wrongs do NOT make a right. Which is why it's so silly for a vocal and vehement Trump-supporter to so openly deride Avenatti.  Which is what commando was pointing out.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Avenatti seems super ethical and credible.

I'm not a fan. I think he's a jackass, much like Trump. But what has he been wrong about? How is he not credible? There's no reason to think that he isn't representing women who have claims of wrongdoing by Kavanaugh and that another will speak about it soon.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

The bold is both true and what's wrong with the Supreme Court today.

First, Kavanaugh isn't the hill to die on.  The guy is damaged goods, and there are tons of other qualified judges out there. Cut bait & fish elsewhere.

Second, Supreme Court Justices shouldn't be picked because of their ideological bent. They shouldn't have an ideological bent. They should be blind to bias. That we're talking about this at all is what's wrong with this branch of government.

I’m in complete agreement with your second point. The biggest part of the problem is that we’ve allowed courts to acquire far too much power and to decide far too many hot button political issues. Why is whether, when, and under what circumstances an abortion should or shouldn’t be legal be decided by Anthony Kennedy rather than by the American people? And imagine how much less insane these confirmation battles should be if the courts hadn’t become so political.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Whistlebritches said:

That sworn declaration is quite a read, wow.I wish it had come from someone other than Avenatti but I guess he delivered.

At this point Kavanaugh has to keep denying and fighting against this because he's got a lot more to lose than becoming a Supreme Court Justice.

Avenatti is definitely a self-promoter. But he always seems to comes through with the goods.

2 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Dang! If Kavanaugh was the proverbial "choir boy", then his choir sure was messed up... 

They can’t not interview Mark Judge, even though he’ll lie. And they can’t go forward with a vote this week. There has to be a thorough investigation. And this is not going to be the last woman to come forward.

And I don’t care what anyone says, women who are willing to make this kind of thing up do not grow on trees. When you have 3 women saying it + more waiting in the wings, it happened, and Kavanaugh is a dumbass for saying he was a virgin who didn’t drink. He didn’t need to claim that. If his party forgives Trump they’re not gonna care about that part. Hell, I guess they don’t care about the other stuff either seeing as Trump has more accusers. 

• Plus1 1