Enhance

Huskerboard's Politics & Religion Guidelines

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

You seem to be a very level-headed and insightful guy, hopefully you can get your post count up so we can see more of you in P&R. Go to the football forum and let loose, then come back!

quick go spam pony gifs!

6 hours ago, methodical said:

I think you're making a leap there, personally. The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally. I read it to stay current on what is going on and what I would add, would there be anything I felt compelled to, has usually already been said.  Where as P&R was interesting discussions with less of the same views as me.

I don't believe anyone is saying the activity has to be in the football forum. There are multiple other forums where you can boost your post count. Hell, you've got less than 100 to go. If you can't find some non P&R topics to achieve that, you apparently only want to post in P&R and imo, that's not particularly healthy or useful. Put into context, 92 posts is a slow day for some posters hereabouts. So, put on your big boy pants and get busy in some other areas for a few days.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't believe anyone is saying the activity has to be in the football forum. There are multiple other forums where you can boost your post count. Hell, you've got less than 100 to go. If you can't find some non P&R topics to achieve that, you apparently only want to post in P&R and imo, that's not particularly healthy or useful. Put into context, 92 posts is a slow day for some posters hereabouts. So, put on your big boy pants and get busy in some other areas for a few days. 

Its 160ish there about in 5 years, so yes its a matter of time, and approximately 5 years from now or so I'll be able to post there again.  I lurk more than post, and I'll happily continue to do so. I just happen to disagree with the policy change that I got caught in and said so. 

I envy those of you that have the time to rack up 90+ posts a day and consider it a slow day, but I won't be joining those ranks, I don't have that much to say.

14 minutes ago, methodical said:

Its 160ish there about in 5 years, so yes its a matter of time, and approximately 5 years from now or so I'll be able to post there again.  I lurk more than post, and I'll happily continue to do so. I just happen to disagree with the policy change that I got caught in and said so. 

I envy those of you that have the time to rack up 90+ posts a day and consider it a slow day, but I won't be joining those ranks, I don't have that much to say.

I guess it's too bad you got caught up in it but I still think it's good rule and a needed change.

Out of your 159 posts, 20 have been in the football forum and 139 in P&R (2 of which were moved to the Offending Posts thread in the shed).

All in all that's a pretty good track record I'd say. Unfortunately with a hard count limit like this, exceptions can't be made.

Heck, go into the lounge and make a bunch of posts in the "Last to post" topic. Those are all brainless count padding posts anyway.

Hit that one for 10 posts a day and you'll be over 250 in under 2 weeks and it won't cost you but a few minutes per day. It really isn't an insurmountable limit.

All, we have already explicitly outlined the concept of inorganic post boosting in the OP of this thread. Please don't encourage it.

If a moderator/admin believes a member with less than 250 posts is trying to improperly increase their post count in order to access the sub-forum, the member in question may face penalties up to and including a Huskerboard account ban. Actions that may be considered improper include, but are not limited to, multiple and repeated posts in the 'Last to Post Wins' thread, multiple posts in a thread when a single post would've sufficed, or multiple posts across several threads that appear to be of no real value.

11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

what's improper about trying to win last to post wins?!?! 

That thread... eyeroll.thumb.png.091d6b2dbbbf9ce0d4a166

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

All, we have already explicitly outlined the concept of inorganic post boosting in the OP of this thread. Please don't encourage it.

forget the last to post thread...just start your own music video thread.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I actually don't agree with the 250 post count decision.  While it will work at keeping out the uber trolls, it will also reinforce the echo chamber it can become.  But not my call and not a forum I venture into often, so have at it.

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

forget the last to post thread...just start your own music video thread.  

That thread ....  eyeroll.thumb.png.091d6b2dbbbf9ce0d4a16631d9caaa51.png.299d34ce77755e1fc0742d340ec9c06a.png

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Couldn't a mod win  last to post rather easily by posting and immediately locking the thread?

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

been done before on other forums. and it got real boring after i did it.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, methodical said:

I think you're making a leap there, personally. The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally. I read it to stay current on what is going on and what I would add, would there be anything I felt compelled to, has usually already been said.  Where as P&R was interesting discussions with less of the same views as me.

Image result for hear hear

Feel like I should compliment you on your openness to inclusion here @Redux .   Thanks for not leaving the gals out of your verbal assault.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:21 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Couldn't a mod win  last to post rather easily by posting and immediately locking the thread?

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

I threatened to do that when I was a Mod. I may have actually done it on an April 1st, now that I think about it. But I either unlocked it the next day or later that day.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:12 AM, Enhance said:

Sorry, I was not aware of the inorganic posting rule. And that bit about valueless posts across multiple threads.......well, I have a name or two to point out but I won't.

I should probably actually read all the rules sometime :lol:

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Feel like I should compliment you on your openness to inclusion here @Redux .   Thanks for not leaving the gals out of your verbal assault.

You call that a verbal assault?

• Eyeroll 1

It's cute I have a new eye roll stalker.  Or the old one is back under a new name.

• Eyeroll 1