Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
huskrmo

Tre Bryant injured?= where's Ozigbo

Recommended Posts

Think the title speaks for itself. 

Anyone with any news about Bryant's injury? Yes or no what's the story with Ozigbo? Who's doghouse is he in and is he ever getting out?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to get used to the fact that - barring more injuries - Ozigbo will never be more than a third-string back.

 

No idea why the coaches insisted on force-feeding him the ball for the first half of last year - Newby not only out-performed him in every game, but Newby's WORST game was better than Ozigbo's BEST game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Do other teams worry about whether or not their 3rd or 4th best RB gets carries?

I don't follow other teams nor do I wish to, so I don't know! 

Apparently I am alone but I was and have always been way more impressed with Ozigbo than I ever have been of Wilbon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, huskrmo said:

I don't follow other teams nor do I wish to, so I don't know! 

Apparently I am alone but I was and have always been way more impressed with Ozigbo than I ever have been of Wilbon!

 

agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

When will we see Jaylin Bradley!?

 

Probably depends on how badly Bryant is hurt.  If he's back soon, I doubt we see much of Bradley.  If Bryant is out for an extended time, it might be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I wonder where 'Zig is. At this point it feels like Bradley's redshirt will be preserved.

 

I'm puzzled by his exclusion. He's not the flashiest guy but he always ran hard and played tough. I think the best explanation is that this staff really follows a "feature back" model. If Bryant is out an extended period, let's see about rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ozigbo is not as good as the other two.  That's pretty much how this worked out.  From what I heard, Mazour is better than Ozigbo at this point.

 

I don't get it.  Kid has always seemed like warrior and all the sudden he's no good.  He runs hard and is tough to bring down.  We have no screen game and MB struggles blocking.  So what is it?

 

It still baffles me that no one knows what the story is.  He gets zero PT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

Probably depends on how badly Bryant is hurt.  If he's back soon, I doubt we see much of Bradley.  If Bryant is out for an extended time, it might be interesting.

If Bryant is going to have injury issues the entire year, the coaches better get Bradley ready to play during the conference season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

 

I don't get it.  Kid has always seemed like warrior and all the sudden he's no good.  He runs hard and is tough to bring down.  We have no screen game and MB struggles blocking.  So what is it?

 

It still baffles me that no one knows what the story is.  He gets zero PT.

 

I know what the story is.  He is a (relatively) average back.  We have better options.  The only baffling thing is why he got so many carries last year.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I know what the story is.  He is a (relatively) average back.  We have better options.  The only baffling thing is why he got so many carries last year.

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozigbo should have played yesterday. He had 95 yards and a TD last year vs Oregon 

 

RUMOR is that he either got caught with PEDs or Mary J...

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Ozigbo should have played yesterday. He had 95 yards and a TD last year vs Oregon 

 

RUMOR is that he either got caught with PEDs or Mary J...

 

Yeah, this seems much more likely than the standard "he's not that good" argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

MEMO TO NEXT OPPONENT----------TWO HUSKER RUNNING BACKS INJURED!!!

Yup, and to add to that, the one remaining RB, Wilbon, can not pass block and we don't throw to the RBs much so you can game plan quite nicely, to send the rush at the QB who doesn't run much and will launch nice spirals into double coverage on Stan Morgan on a regular basis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yup, and to add to that, the one remaining RB, Wilbon, can not pass block and we don't throw to the RBs much so you can game plan quite nicely, to send the rush at the QB who doesn't run much and will launch nice spirals into double coverage on Stan Morgan on a regular basis.  

That was supposed to be in all caps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×