'Mansplaining'

2 minutes ago, zoogs said:

White people have a culture of feeling this way about black people and black culture, and then turning around and claiming they're the victims. 

If that's not you, great, of course. This aspect of white culture plainly does not apply to all individuals. That's not only well understood, it's well understood that it's well understood.

It's "not me", but I feel it's a fair criticism on their community as a whole. And like you said in regard to the aspect of white culture, it doesn't apply to all individuals. And that culture has been nurtured by the democratic party. (But we've already been through that in this thread).

I really believe your heart's in the right place. So hopefully it won't take you long to snap out of bizarro "#AllLivesMatter is nurtured by the Democratic Party", "It's so unfair that white people can't vocalize (without criticism) the judgments on black people and culture that already define black people's lives here for the worse" world.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, zoogs said:

For someone who claims you don't, in the slightest, subscribe to "white victimhood mentality", you're trying awfully hard to make this video a hit piece on white people and not an attack on blindness to privilege, as manifest by the specific bullet points they present.

Again, white people aren't victims, but this video was offensive in it's condescending nature. They don't have to be mutually exclusive, zoogs. They aren't in fact.  I'm well aware of the White man's place in this world. Both traditionally, and currently. Nothing about it screams victimhood. BUT, we can still find things offensive.

I love the notion that just because we are traditionally "alpha" means that we have to take it on the chin all the time. I'm fine with that , by the way. It should just apply to everybody, though.

You can't have it both ways, like most would like.

I really believe your heart's in the right place. So hopefully it won't take you long to snap out of bizarro "#AllLivesMatter is nurtured by the Democratic Party", "It's so unfair that white people can't vocalize (without criticism) the judgments on black people and culture that already define black people's lives here for the worse" world.

You do believe that, right?  

Given that your heart is in the right place, hopefully it won't take you long to snap out of bizarro "#AllLivesMatter is nurtured by the Democratic Party", "It's so unfair that white people can't vocalize (without criticism) the judgments on black people and culture that already define black people's lives here for the worse" world.

You can criticize my opinions all you want. But allow me to do the same to yours.

(And please don't categorize me as an AllLivesMatter guy. Because it certainly isn't me..... Furthermore, it shows how much you misunderstand my stance)

Oh, you're free to!

The only people taking it on the chin there are the people who believe in those things. You do. That's the problem, not the tone, not its invented, racist attack on white sensibilities.

And please don't categorize me as an AllLivesMatter guy. Because it certainly isn't me..... Furthermore, it shows how much you misunderstand my stance

You had "white privilege is a fallacy" in your signature for the longest time. Surely you see how these are almost synonymous, right?

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I do take issue with us (as a whole) getting blamed for, well, everything. 

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I feel it's a fair criticism on their community as a whole.

Man, you want to talk about hypocrisy...

I don't mean that to condemn you, but you're revealing your own internalized double standards here, B.B. I get why, because I'm also a white guy. Not to imply that I'm further along than you, because that's not what I'm getting at, but we definitely started in similar places due to our demographics. Reality is, by virtue of being white men, we were taught a number of different myths. The myth of individualism (I only exist on my terms and I'm not a beneficiary of a larger system that benefits some and not others). The myth of meritocracy (I get what I earn and nothing more/less, and so does everyone else). The myth of objectivity (blacks have 'black culture' but there is no white culture), etc. These are all lies.

Please understand that all the "oh it's easy to blame white guys" sort of stuff you see on the internet does not have to be something that you her as being about you specifically. There's no guilt or shame built in to being a white man.

3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Given that your heart is in the right place, hopefully it won't take you long to snap out of bizarro "#AllLivesMatter is nurtured by the Democratic Party", "It's so unfair that white people can't vocalize (without criticism) the judgments on black people and culture that already define black people's lives here for the worse" world.

And I was suggesting that the Democratic party has nurtured the culture of dependency, and victim-mentality that is rampant in their communities.

I just don't get it B.B.  You say this video offends you but you minimize the perspective of anyone who has actual people making sexist or racist comments directly to their faces. This video wasn't even directed at you, but people who have had stuff much worse directed at them personally are overreacting.  

What??

And for the record, I can understand being offended that it says "To/Dear White men."

But I'm not the one who tells everyone else, who have had experiences I've never had, that they're overreacting.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't mean that to condemn you, but you're revealing your own internalized double standards here, B.B. I get why, because I'm also a white guy. Not to imply that I'm further along than you, because that's not what I'm getting at, but we definitely started in similar places due to our demographics. Reality is, by virtue of being white men, we were taught a number of different myths. The myth of individualism (I only exist on my terms and I'm not a beneficiary of a larger system that benefits some and not others). The myth of meritocracy (I get what I earn and nothing more/less, and so does everyone else). The myth of objectivity (blacks have 'black culture' but there is no white culture), etc. These are all lies.

Please understand that all the "oh it's easy to blame white guys" sort of stuff you see on the internet does not have to be something that you her as being about you specifically. There's no guilt or shame built in to being a white man.

How did you not send in your RW tape!  This is AMAZING

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I just don't get it B.B.  You say this video offends you but you minimize the perspective of anyone who has actual people making sexist or racist comments directly to their faces. This video wasn't even directed at you, but people who have had stuff much worse direct at them personally are overreacting.  

What??

And for the record, I can understand being offended that it says "To/Dear White men."

But I'm not the one who tells everyone else, who have had experience I've never had, that they're overreacting.

Exactly!  So you agree with me...that no one person should tell anyone else that they are overreacting?  About anything, right?

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't find it hypocritical, because I went on to explain that it didn't stand for every black individual (you're cherry picking again).

A generalization that would be similar to the black community's dependency culture, would be saying that white people have a culture of racism. That's a fair generalization, especially traditionally. Neither culture applies to every individual.

And trust me. I feel no shame, and no guilt for being a white man. I'm firmly in the "bootstraps" camp:D

3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Rampant?

spreading?.... It's a word, isn't it?:lol:

Think of what we are posting about:

1.  Is Cam an a-hole fuckface that hates girls:  Yes:  we all agree

2.  Is that reporter "sort of" a racist?  Yes:  We all agree on it but some of us are trying to pretend like there are levels of racism:  There aren't.  Period.  

So...since we all agree...why don't we just plus one this post and realize how simple this really is?  Two a$$hole$ were a$$hole$...One was an a-hole the other night and the other was an a-hole like 5 years ago.   

That is the great things about a$$hole$...once you are one...you are one.

Sorry BB, but saying it's a "culture problem" is a racist thing that people who don't think they're racist say.

You never bothered to reply to my posts the first time I replied to it, btw. Whites do just as many drugs, (and more prescription drugs for non-medical purposes) as Blacks. The biggest factor in single mothers in the Black community is the arrest rate of Blacks for drug related crimes. If the arrest rate was equal, maybe people would be talking about the "White culture" problem.

• Plus1 1