The Unfathomable

25 minutes ago, Huskerfb1970 said:

Nice thought and I believe in miracles.  However, I don't think our team will be able to compete in the B1G this year.  When I look at our schedule, I can see us beating Rutgers and Illinois.  But honestly, that's it. Now hopefully, we get a lot better quickly. 

This staff lost to Illinois two years ago when Illinois was a much worse team then they are this year, and quiet frankly Nebraska had better experienced talent on their roster too.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

8 or 9 wins with no ccg appearance is a failure. 9 wins with a good showing or victory in the cig will do the trick.

This is year 3, time to do something or move on. 9 meaningless wins didn't satisfy me with Pelini and it won't with MR. He's had his 2 adjustment years.

Did you listen to Adam Carriker and Tommie Frazier? I think we are SOL and Riley will be here for at least another year maybe 2 as they said. 3 years is not enough time to install everything and get the right players in place. Financially, Nebraska cannot afford to fire another coach and hit the reset button while we're still writing checks to Bo Pelini.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Did you listen to Adam Carriker and Tommie Frazier? I think we are SOL and Riley will be here for at least another year maybe 2 as they said. 3 years is not enough time to install everything and get the right players in place. Financially, Nebraska cannot afford to fire another coach and hit the reset button while we're still writing checks to Bo Pelini.

They can't afford not to.

• Plus1 5
Just now, FTW said:

I could somehow see him coming back next year. For him to come back for 2 more years????????? please God no. Absolutely ridiculous that everyone knows he isn't winning any national titles, or even division titles while at Nebraska. Why keep us stuck in purgatory for two more years and completely stunt our growth. The investment and interest in the program will dwindle with each year of Riley as head coach. Each loss this year alone will make the groans louder and louder for a change.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, FTW said:

That's now exactly how they said it. They phrased it "as of this moment." They were hopeful, but the gist was, if the wheels come off, it's over.

And they're dead wrong on 3 years not being enough time. It's easily enough time to gauge a coaches tenure. I've posted articles on it over, and over, and over. Year 1 is a free pass, year 2 is "the jump" and you see what a coach can do. Year 3? That's all his work from that point on.

• Plus1 1

Just now, saunders45 said:

That's now exactly how they said it. They phrased it "as of this moment." If the wheels come off, it's over.

And they're dead wrong on 3 years not being enough time. It's easily enough time to gauge a coaches tenure. I've posted articles on it over, and over, and over. Year 1 is excusable, year 2 is "the jump" and you see what a coach can do. Year 3? That's all his work from that point on.

There is a sort of "rule" with new coaches...

Year 1:  Lose big

Year 2:  Lose close

Year 3:  Win close

Year 4:  Win big

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I could somehow see him coming back next year. For him to come back for 2 more years????????? please God no. Absolutely ridiculous that everyone knows he isn't winning any national titles, or even division titles while at Nebraska. Why keep us stuck in purgatory for two more years and completely stunt our growth. The investment and interest in the program will dwindle with each year of Riley as head coach. Each loss this year alone will make the groans louder and louder for a change.

this