rutgers/illinois are the perfect teams to get things back on track. no?

huskerfan69

I wouldn't get my hopes up if both are wins.  I still expect Wisconsin to be a curb stomping unless Chryst takes it easy on us.  If I was Chryst I wouldn't run up the score but not because the opposing coach is a friend.  I usually keep such pessimistic opinions to myself but there has been a lot of optimism for the Wiscy game at the start of the season.  It's probably due to us playing them close last year which is setting people up for disappointment.  If you compare how both programs performed over the entire season and common opponents I think you would conclude that our game was more of a fluke than anything.  

I wouldn't exactly say the Huskers played great on offense for the oregon game, nor would I say the defense played great against NIU. Especially when you considered that Oregon's D is pretty terrible and I can't even comment on NIU because who the f#*k watches MAC conference games except for the people who are paid to do it...

Also to play devil's advocate, the next two games could be perfect games to expose how bad it really is, if you had any doubt in the first place...

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, brophog said:

They're great teams to make you think you fixed a bunch of things that are still broken.

this team is not demonstrating even fundamental football skills.....MR say he thought they could, run, do play action and throw the long ball successfully. either he is a dreamer or couldn't see the lack of skills in practice...........his statement tells me he is really lost here.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

this team is not demonstrating even fundamental football skills.....MR say he thought they could, run, do play action and throw the long ball successfully. either he is a dreamer or couldn't see the lack of skills in practice...........his statement tells me he is really lost here.

If two s#!tty teams play, and the rules state one s#!tty team has to win, it doesn't make the winner a hot dog.

37 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

These next two games can only go one of the following ways:

1. Beat Rutgers and Illinois to give us one last spark to beat a top 10 Wisconsin at home and start conference play 3-0
  2. OR lose one of the next two games to show Riley the end of his career 

we have no chance against Wisconsin, none, zero.