New book about Ozigbo

He is a solid back, however of the 3 he has the lowest per carry average and his carries prior to this game didn't look that great.  Maybe he had a slow start to his fall camp and will trend up going forward or maybe TB will get healthy and move back into the starting roll.  Most backs prefer to play enough in a game that they get into a flow and have a feel for how the defense reacts -  can't do that really when you have 3 backs that don't separate themselves.  Great game by him and glad to hear the crowd responded to his tough running - not sure that it's a valid reason to go after the staff thou.

5 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

He is a solid back, however of the 3 he has the lowest per carry average and his carries prior to this game didn't look that great.  Maybe he had a slow start to his fall camp and will trend up going forward or maybe TB will get healthy and move back into the starting roll.  Most backs prefer to play enough in a game that they get into a flow and have a feel for how the defense reacts -  can't do that really when you have 3 backs that don't separate themselves.  Great game by him and glad to hear the crowd responded to his tough running - not sure that it's a valid reason to go after the staff thou.

Ozigbo has had his best games against bad d-lines, and his YPC is still pretty average. I'm glad he played well today, and he enabled NU to run the ball way more than we passed it today. At least for 1 game Riley and Langsdorf realized running the ball more than passing is good. 

5 hours ago, Hayseed said:

We finally found him and he played a great game. Would be even better if the runs weren't so vanilla and we wore them down in the first half.

There were a few runs where they just had the numbers, and a few he may have been able to bounce outside, but he played well above his weight today. Taking on defensive lineman, dragging piles...he was a lot of fun to watch today.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

You might be onto something with the slow start.  He wouldn't be the first player to report to fall camp out of shape or lacking a burning desire to earn playing time thinking it's already locked up.   I don't know that's the case.  What I do know is Tre certainly showed he was more than capable of the starting job and nothing I saw today, as good as it was, suggests DO should have started over Tre. 

• Plus1 2

It was good seeing him in there today, but I would not want him to be the starter. I echo what a few right above me have said. He is a talented back and I think he has a role in this offense, but Tre seems better all around to me. He can run physically like Oz but with better burst. Oz is definitely our best power  back and he doesn't completely lack zip, but Tre seems to have more dynamic attributes 

• Plus1 1