Why would you fire your Athletic Director in September?

knapplc

2 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Well you know what, probably not but thats why you play the games. If he goes 8-4 he gets another year, period. You dont fire a coach who won 8 games after only 3 years.  Especially if we go to Indy. 

Nebraska has a recent track history of canning head coaches who have done better in a season.

So you bring him back for next year and we get maybe 8-9 wins again then left saying it is justified to fire him now after 4 complete years. Do we want to start the rebuilding process now, or in 1,2,3 years from now? For some miraculous reason we are considered to be in a rebuild season right now in Riley's 3rd year. This is the year new coaches at programs should be hitting their stride and showing major improvements. Instead Nebraska has taken a huge step back.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Nebraska has a recent track history of canning head coaches who have done better in a season.

So you bring him back for next year and we get maybe 8-9 wins again then left saying it is justified to fire him now after 4 complete years. Do we want to start the rebuilding process now, or in 1,2,3 years from now? For some miraculous reason we are considered to be in a rebuild season right now in Riley's 3rd year. This is the year new coaches at programs should be hitting their stride and showing major improvements. Instead Nebraska has taken a huge step back.

Exactly and there are coaches on record saying that firing a 9 win coach is insane and they would never go to a school that does that.  And also every national media member thinks we are delusional for firing a 9 win coach so it is terrible publicity. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

Geez. Memory of a monkey.

I meant to have an emoji to show it wasn't supposed to be totally serious.

"Defend" wasn't quite right.  But you apparently did forgive him.

I rescind my notion to can Eichorst and Riley, as they are now going for Black Friday.  This has been my only complaint of them.

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I meant to have an emoji to show it wasn't supposed to be totally serious.

"Defend" wasn't quite right.  But you apparently did forgive him.

Yeah, I was just saying it was a big deal originally if you would've seen my posts you'd understand where I came from.

The guy then stepped up and said he was wrong on Black Friday.

I have compassion and liked that he said sorry and changed stance.

Im not vouching for him keeping his job, just said I liked that he changed when he found out everyone loves Black Friday games.