What did we learn-Game 4 Rutgers

JJ Husker

15 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Langs is a QB coach:  http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/12/danny_langsdorf_explains_decision_to_leave_giants_for_nebraska_offensive_coordinator_job.html

You know he only coached Eli Manning to his best year ever.

He must really suck at developing and improving QBs.

Do you guys even know anything about our staff at all?  OR are you just hurling insults at them with abandon?

He's currently coaching Tanner Lee to his worst season ever.

Which seems more immediately relevant.

Not to mention your statement about Manning not being necessarily correct nor that Langsdorf necessarily had the most influence on it anyway.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Langs is a QB coach:  http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/12/danny_langsdorf_explains_decision_to_leave_giants_for_nebraska_offensive_coordinator_job.html

Do you guys even know anything about our staff at all?  OR are you just hurling insults at them with abandon?

That's awesome that Manning and Langsdorf had a great year together.  Makes me wonder even more what's going on at NU.  As a sidenote, Tom Coughlin sounded pretty pissed off that Langsdorf left after 1 year.  I'm sure he was just being a bitter old man, because most football coaches are a nomadic people.

33 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

We all knows Langs is a QB coach. We also know Langs is a BAD QB coach.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

In 2015, he coached Tommy to his best year ever.  Tommy was hurt in 2016 so his stats suffered.

Now what ya got to show how he sucks?

Tommy had his most stats in 2015, largely due to Langs throwing the ball a lot.

His YPA and QB rating were both down from 2014 and his interceptions were up.  So that would be your opinion but it's definitely NOT a fact.

I don't think his lowest completion percentage of his career as a senior is only due to him being injured.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

In 2015, he coached Tommy to his best year ever.  Tommy was hurt in 2016 so his stats suffered.

Now what ya got to show how he sucks?

Considering that every coach Riley brought with him has been canned or left because they were going to get canned it might show, just a little bit, that the guys he brought for the most part all sort of are average

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Having 3 good options at RB and apparently 0 good options at QB, it's pretty damn obvious being a run-heavy team should be the way to go.  I'm all for balance, but you can't be balanced if you can't throw the ball.

That's why I think this is going to be a disaster the rest of the way. I don't see us being able to run the ball very well against most of the teams on the schedule. 

Maybe vs Illinois but it's tough sledding after that in the run game.

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Considering that every coach Riley brought with him has been canned or left because they were going to get canned it might show, just a little bit, that the guys he brought for the most part all sort of are average

So far it would appear those not pulling their weight in recruiting have been replaced with better recruiters. 

Something that should be noted, how applicable it is to Lee remains TBD.   Matt Moore transferred from UCLA to OSU as a jr. and won the starting job that year(2005).  He threw 19 INT's that season. 

The following season he led the Beavers to 10 wins, including undefeated #2 USC who had won 29 straight conference games, and a come from behind final drive(5 of 7 on that drive) victory over Chase Daniels and Missouri in the Sun Bowl.  Moore only threw 7 INT's in 2006, 12 fewer than 2005.

Hopefully with improved line play, some help from the receivers, and Lee learning to take what's there, he will show similar vast improvement and do it sooner than later.  If that happens this season some exciting and unexpected things just might happen.  Let's all hope it does.

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't care about his passer rating.  I care that he passed for over 3k yards.  He didn't do it any other year.  He also passed for 252 yards per game.  Higher than other years.  But that passer rating sure dragged his offensive output down eh?

OK.  Go pull your hamstring and then see if you can throw the ball like you did before the injury.  Then we'll talk about what you think about his completion percentage.

So, throwing more = good coaching? 

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't care about his passer rating.  I care that he passed for over 3k yards.  He didn't do it any other year.  He also passed for 252 yards per game.  Higher than other years.  But that passer rating sure dragged his offensive output down eh?

So you only care about stats that support your narrative and ignore other stats that don't?

That's pretty telling.

• Plus1 5
15 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

OK.  Go pull your hamstring and then see if you can throw the ball like you did before the injury.  Then we'll talk about what you think about his completion percentage.

A good QB coach would have had a backup ready to play in case the starter was injured. That is bad coaching.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, I only looked that his offensive production went UP.  If it were to go down, I'd agree with you guys that he's not coaching very well.

The fact that you guys are quibbling over 4.4 QBR between one year and the next as proof he regressed is comical

And another logical fallacy.  Arguing against things that we didn't say.