Harbaugh on Frost

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How well will Frost be able to recruit to Nebraska? Can we just reassign Riley to a "analyst" position and keep those California connections, though I'm sure Scott has plenty of his own. Obviously that would never happen, but hey that would be pretty awesome right? 

MR can be clock management consultant.

If we make MR AD, then we don't have to worry about paying two coaches.:D

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How well will Frost be able to recruit to Nebraska? Can we just reassign Riley to a "analyst" position and keep those California connections, though I'm sure Scott has plenty of his own. Obviously that would never happen, but hey that would be pretty awesome right? 

Listen, yes Riley has Cali connections.  But isn't it fair to say that Donte and Keith Williams are the ones with the real connections?

You just have to find the right recruiters. I'd 100% try to keep those two coaches for their recruiting ability at least.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

If we don't make a move on Frost soon our program will remain irrelevant for years to come, write it down.

This presumes:

1)  Frost is guaranteed to make our program relevant again

2) Frost is the only coach who could make our program relevant again.

Neither of which are true.

• Plus1 7
11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

They are - and I'd bet one or more comes true. 

If we were 5-0 right now Eichorst would still have a job. Firing him so early in the year when ADs are usually tied to the coaches they hire (especially Eichosrt beings Riley was such a gamble) makes it pretty clear Riley is next on the chopping block unless he turns the season around. With how we've played and our upcoming schedule I don't see us doing any better than 7-5 and personally think we go 5-7. If Frost's team keeps playing the way they have, there's NO WAY he doesn't get an offer if Riley is fired. It would make the boosters happy and the AD might not be tied to Frost even if he does fail here. If Frost gets hired here it'll be the most obvious hire since Harbaugh was hired at Michigan. 

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Boy, you guys are setting yourself up for some disappointment.  This board will explode when/if Riley is kept, and forget it if Riley leaves and they choose anyone but your homeboy.

I don't know if Frost is even being considered. I get excited when I watch UCF and how they are coached compared to what I see from our team. The excitement comes from being optimistic that we can have something like that in the eventuality that Riley is let go and a Frost level coach is brought in. I don't know why you are being so negative.

• Plus1 2

On 10/1/2017 at 2:02 AM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Here's the problem, we want to win games right? So what happens if Riley beats Wisconsin, keeps it close with Ohio State and wins the rest of the games minus say Penn State? Granted, I don't think that happens, but you can't fire a dude that takes us to Indy. Unless he decides to retire he'd get another year. His record would be 8-4 or maybe even 9-3. Makes it nearly impossible to fire him IMO.  

This. Honestly, Frost is going to take a P5 job this year. He is officially the "it" coach right now. Our chance is at the end of this season. But how do you fire Riley at 8-4 which will have meant tremendous progress? I will never root for this team to lose, but damn I really would like to see Scott come here

On 9/30/2017 at 8:21 PM, Whistlepig said:

It was interesting if you watched the game, Scott was right, of course Harbaugh had to defend his players but UCF probably would have won that game 2 out of 3 times and if you're watching the game between Memphis and UCF, the same Memphis that beat UCLA, the announcers are basically a Scott Frost commercial for moving on to the next big time program- in December- and man is UCF well coached and they run an offense that is unlike our explosive based on RPO / RRO

Dam I hope we get him and his staff

Michigan won 51-14, that's an absurd statement. Michigan wins that game 99/100.

That's not a knock on Frost or his team.

• Plus1 4
14 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Michigan won 51-14, that's an absurd statement. Michigan wins that game 99/100.

That's not a knock on Frost or his team.

obviously you didn't watch the game, 2 turn-overs, some blocked kicks, certainly helped Michigan with the margin of victory, and yes they out gained them in total yards, but held them to a 3.8 yd rushing average- my statement only seems absurd by the margin of victory- Haurbaugh knew he was lucky in those regards and Scotts statement was correct

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

obviously you didn't watch the game, 2 turn-overs, some blocked kicks, certainly helped Michigan with the margin of victory, and yes they out gained them in total yards, but held them to a 3.8 yd rushing average- my statement only seems absurd by the margin of victory- Haurbaugh knew he was lucky in those regards and Scotts statement was correct

I'll add that UCF also lost their starting QB in the game. Rushed for 275 yards with 6 ypc, while holding Michigan to 119 yards with 2.9 ypc. Special teams really made the score more lopsided than it really was. The talent disparities between the two teams, especially Michigan's D vs. UCF's O, were clearly evident. 

That being said Michigan still wins the game 99/100 times.