Nebraska Home Night Streak

BIG ERN

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really really really hope this stadium is rocking like it was in 2014 for the Miami game.

That was a the most crazy atmosphere with a very different feel to it from everyone from the fans to the players.

It was clear we finally had Miami on our turf.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really really really hope this stadium is rocking like it was in 2014 for the Miami game.

That was a the most crazy atmosphere with a very different feel to it from everyone from the fans to the players.

It was clear we finally had Miami on our turf.

Yeah, the stadium was LOUD all the way through.

EVERYTHING got the crowd going.  Introductions.  Big plays.  Penalties.  Chippiness.  

It was crazy that night.

• Plus1 1

Saturday reminds me of the 2009 game @ home under the lights vs. Oklahoma. Neither team was flashy that year save for our defense.

We need the crowd to roar all night long. The players will feed off this energy because they don't have a head coach that'll light a fire under their collective asses. There is something about Memorial Stadium under the lights with 85k+ it's a college football player's dream. This is why they came here -- for games like this, to live in these moments. Take care of Wisconsin, stay humble and then put the Buckeyes in your sights for another home night game.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, the stadium was LOUD all the way through.

EVERYTHING got the crowd going.  Introductions.  Big plays.  Penalties.  Chippiness.  

It was crazy that night.

There were a lot of stoppages too because of Miami's dirty play. Nebraska fans lost respect for them during the game, a lot of booing. We ran all over them that night and Ameer was cut loose. Seems like ages ago.

22 hours ago, soup said:

Nebraska has been very lucky with injured QBs in night games.  Michigan (Denard Robinson left in the 1st qtr), Ohio St. (Tyrell Pryor? left in the 1st qtr, Joe B stepped into clinch defeat from the jaws of victory)  and I believe Michigan St's QB was dinged up also.

The Ohio St. game was at the time the largest comeback by Nebraska ever. (still may be).

Actually, Miller left with 4:46 left in the third and Robinson left 3:51 left in the second.

22 hours ago, soup said:

Edited by Old Nebraska Guy
  • Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm...maybe you aren't as old as I am.  The "losing respect for them" had very little to do with what was happening that night on the field.

They were kicking our players in the cajones and playing dirty. I was there. We weren't booing them prior to the game. It was more towards the middle to the end once we realized they were getting flagged for unsportsmanlike calls and instigating fights. The 'U' has always been notorious as we all know. 

The dirtiness of Miami that night is overblown and overexaggerated by Husker fan's collective animosity towards Miami in general.

It mostly related to two scuffles involving Randy Gregory, as well as a weak roughing the passer call on the part of the refs. Gregory was certainly not an innocent bystander in either of those situations.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm...maybe you aren't as old as I am.  The "losing respect for them" had very little to do with what was happening that night on the field.

42 minutes ago, FTW said:

They were kicking our players in the cajones and playing dirty. I was there. We weren't booing them prior to the game. It was more towards the middle to the end once we realized they were getting flagged for unsportsmanlike calls and instigating fights. The 'U' has always been notorious as we all know. 

FTW you missed the point dude - the history of Miami was what caused NU fans to not be so NU like.  The Miami players could have helped us off the field every play and shook our hands after every play and they were going to get booed.   BRB remembers as many of us do how the teams from 70's 80's 90's for Miami played and acted.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The dirtiness of Miami that night is overblown and overexaggerated by Husker fan's collective animosity towards Miami in general.

It mostly related to two scuffles involving Randy Gregory, as well as a weak roughing the passer call on the part of the refs. Gregory was certainly not an innocent bystander in either of those situations.

Eh, I'm sure that contributed.  But there was a lot more going on slightly after the whistle than "two scuffles."

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I'm sure that contributed.  But there was a lot more going on slightly after the whistle than "two scuffles."

In relativity to what goes on after the whistle in all college football games, it wasn't that big of a deal. All I'm saying is that the crowd wanted blood moreso because it was Miami than because of a proportionate response to any actions on their part. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

In relativity to what goes on after the whistle in all college football games, it wasn't that big of a deal. All I'm saying is that the crowd wanted blood moreso because it was Miami than because of a proportionate response to any actions on their part. 

I would say that's about the most extra-curricular activity I've seen at any game I've been to at Memorial.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

^ This 100 times over.   If NU comes to play on Saturday night the crowd will be similar (not because of how Wisc has acted - more so because of our desire to edge closer to being the big brother).

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Not true. There was booing from the moment they came out of the locker room.