*** Poll: Halfway through, how do we finish the year? ***

How does NU finish the season (Currently 3-3)  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What's NU's record the last 6 games

• 6-0 (Finish 9-3)
    • 5-1 (Finish 8-4)
    • 4-2 (Finish 7-5)
    • 3-3 (Finish 6-6)
    • 2-4 (Finish 5-7)
    • 1-5 (Finish 4-8)
    • 0-6 (Finish 3-9)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2017 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

NU can beat Minnesota, Northwestern and Purdue,  We have to play error free to do that (can anyone believe that is how far we have fallen as program??).  Receivers cannot let passes go through their hands and hit them in the helmet so the other teams D can intercept them.  That one Tanner had in the first drive was on the receiver 100%, not Tanner.

I’ll have to disagree strongly with that assessment. You try catching a ball drilled at your head/ trailing shoulder when you’re running away from the QB. The pass was behind him and there was no reason it couldn’t have been about 2 to 3 feet further left, where it should’ve been. That one was 100% on Tanner and it was just unfortunate that a defender was right there. But I will agree that we’ve had way too many other catchable balls not caught, that just wasn’t one of them.

• Plus1 4
22 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

I’ll have to disagree strongly with that assessment. You try catching a ball drilled at your head/ trailing shoulder when you’re running away from the QB. The pass was behind him and there was no reason it couldn’t have been about 2 to 3 feet further left, where it should’ve been. That one was 100% on Tanner and it was just unfortunate that a defender was right there. But I will agree that we’ve had way too many other catchable balls not caught, that just wasn’t one of them.

What he said^^^

I look at our team, how we've been playing up through half time, and our second half struggles.  I look at our opponents and it tells me that they have just as much of a shot to beat us as we do them.

Our passing game is a roller coaster.  Our run game is not a force.  And our defense cannot sustain as much as we'd thought or showed. 

We have good players here and there, some new faces trying to blend in, and a shortage of experience leading the way.  The ball players effort is good, they try like heck.

Yet our game plan on defense stays the course, and our offense is easily predictable and poorly directed by the OC. 

Whatever our opponents see on film two years ago is what they can expect today.  With slight changes and minor improvements on defense.

I don't want to vote, but for the record.... I do not see this team winning another game.  I will be glad if they do, but not enough for it to carry over to something good. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, unlfan said:

Disagree. I’d say 0-6 is very much not likely, but still a likelihood that is not negligible. Something like 15% chance.

The chances we go 6-0 are negligible. <1%.

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Sure, why not.

FWIW, those are almost the exact %'s that FPI predicts.  There is literally almost a 0% chance of Nebraska going 6-0 based on FPI and their chance of going 0-6 is somewhere around 16% (call it 1 in 7).