Current players vs. Future Players - best Power Five offers

knapplc

Riley isn't some recruiting genius (although I will admit that our recruiting social media presence is top shelf).   He is recruiting at roughly the same level as Bo on average.

See Mav's handy chart:

Class Average Recruits (# 4*+)
 02    .8316    18 (2)
 03    .8316    19 (2)
 04    .8237    20 (2)
 05*   .8523    32 (7)
 06*   .8493    22 (5)
 07*   .8587    26 (6)
 08    .8449    29 (3)
 09    .8580    19 (2)
 10*   .8642    20 (5)
 11    .8832    21 (9)
 12    .8773    17 (8)
 13    .8655    24 (7)
 14    .8601    25 (2)
 15    .8617    21 (4)
 16    .8707    21 (5)

17    .8758    20 (5)

• Plus1 4

Let's do a couple more:

Dedrick Young: Nebraska, Washington, Arizona, Az State, Cal, Michigan St, UCLA

David Knevel: Nebraska, Purdue, Wash St, WVU, Wisconsin, Bama, Baylor, Mizzou, Vandy, Virginia

Tanner Farmer: Neb, Illinois, Minnesota, Mizzou

Alex Davis: Nebraska, Pitt

Avery Anderson: Nebraska, Az St, KSUcks, Utah

Williams: Nebraska, Duke, Indiana, KSUcks, Miss St, Ole Miss, Purdue, Virginia, Wake, Wash St

Not sure why Tanner Lee is on there since he was brought in by Mike and his crew. He had no P5 offers in high school.

1 minute ago, GSG said:

The last thing I'll say about this is that not having all 4 and 5 star talent is not why we're 3-3 right now and staring down the barrel of going 3-9, 4-8, 5-7

Something that has been bugging me since we walked out of Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

If you switched Nebraska's & Wisconsin's offensive lines, who wins that game? Guarantee you it's us, and we'd likely be undefeated right now. 

It really comes down to five players right now.

• Plus1 4

Just now, knapplc said:

Something that has been bugging me since we walked out of Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

If you switched Nebraska's & Wisconsin's offensive lines, who wins that game? Guarantee you it's us, and we'd likely be undefeated right now. 

It really comes down to five players right now.

You're not wrong. Re-watching some of the game, it just doesn't seem like our guys have any fire. I played offensive line for a few years. I loved run-blocking and firing out and trying to pancake guys. Our line doesn't seem to do that. They look slow off the snap and don't seem to get much push.

• Plus1 2
Just now, GSG said:

You're not wrong. Re-watching some of the game, it just doesn't seem like our guys have any fire. I played offensive line for a few years. I loved run-blocking and firing out and trying to pancake guys. Our line doesn't seem to do that. They look slow off the snap and don't seem to get much push.

Whereas Wisconsin's Line is the current closest thing to our old Pipeline days.  It's at once great and sad to watch.

This is the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on here.  The places people will run to when they have figured out they were completely and utterly wrong convincing themselves Mike Riley is good coach and a high level recruiter, just look at what Anderson said about his recruiting.  Grasping for anything to defend the narrative.

• Plus1 1