** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am growing more concerned about Florida and their delayed announcement to hiring Chip Kelly. If that one guys tweet was correct that Stricklin wants Chip, Chip wants Florida, Stricklin wants to move fast, Chip won't be on the market long, Spurrier wants Frost, Frost isn't looking at options until December.

Makes me think Florida may wait until December and make another push at Frost. Of course we still may win out and get Frost, but having Florida off the table would be a relief. I just think if Kelly was their guy they would have hired him as soon as possible to get a head start on recruiting.

Either Florida has internal fighting (can't decided who to interview/hire type of stuff) or they are vetting assistants he wants to bring if they were involved in the NCAA stuff. 

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

"high chance he takes the Nebraska job"

Hero, understands culture, everyone would support him, will bring back a winning culture. "Would be hard for him to turn it down" 

He thinks Nebraska could make it to the B1G title game in Frost's first year at Nebraska. 

Lol, everything looks good until final quote. That's the problem, in year 1 we are already going to put the expectation of Championship game???

5 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

What I don't understand is why the UCF fans are lashing out at NU fans.. coaches leaving going to other schools happen all the time.

Nice weather most of the year but crappy economy, crappy wages, G5 (hatred toward P5) mentality. Some just can't deal with reality. 

Just now, ScottyIce said:

Lol, everything looks good until final quote. That's the problem, in year 1 we are already going to put the expectation of Championship game???

His reasoning is how he has always been a winner and would have an immediate impact with what is returning next year. Do I think what he said is stretching it? Yes, but I get his point. 

7 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Either Florida has internal fighting (can't decided who to interview/hire type of stuff) or they are vetting assistants he wants to bring if they were involved in the NCAA stuff. 

Well I think you'd want to lock Kelly up fast if he was your guy then start to vet his assistants. Also Kelly wouldn't get the job then wildly start hiring former staff members who violated NCAA rules.

I think it's more of Foley, Spurrier and Stricklin not agreeing. I lean more toward the in fighting and the reports I've read that Foley and Spurrier are very much involved, even though Spurrier says he isn't.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Well I think you'd want to lock Kelly up fast if he was your guy then start to vet his assistants. Also Kelly wouldn't get the job then wildly start hiring former staff members who violated NCAA rules.

I think it's more of Foley, Spurrier and Stricklin not agreeing. I lean more toward the in fighting and the reports I've read that Foley and Spurrier are very much involved, even though Spurrier says he isn't.

We know how message board rumors go, but they are saying that Foley is demanding to the big money boosters that Chip doesn't get hired because of the NCAA stuff and wants Charlie Strong and Spurrier wants someone like Forst or Norvell. 

Who knows if that is true, but if they don't land Kelly we can only assume that internal fighting is the reason. 

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

We know how message board rumors go, but they are saying that Foley is demanding to the big money boosters that Chip doesn't get hired because of the NCAA stuff and wants Charlie Strong and Spurrier wants someone like Forst or Norvell. 

Who knows if that is true, but if they don't land Kelly we can only assume that internal fighting is the reason. 

And this is why Osborne keeps his distance from the program.