Underdog against Purdue

On 10/24/2017 at 3:34 PM, VectorVictor said:

The former is just because our OC is inept. The latter is a defensive philosophy to not get burned by big plays and keep everything in front of you. 

This is all true but since it's not working well, this would be the week to change thing up. sometimes the philosophy doesn't work. 

4 hours ago, KCBuc said:

This is all true but since it's not working well, this would be the week to change thing up. sometimes the philosophy doesn't work. 

Dont disagree. I’m not a big fan of pure read/react defenses—I prefer ones that constantly attack. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

I'm not at all confident in that. 

Understandable.

That offense is a hot mess, though. It's a passing offense that can't pass. Receivers that not only can't get open, but they can't even get into a route, and if by some miracle they do, they drop the ball. Brohm flat out said this week that he's aware the rest of the Big Ten knows how to defend them and that he's telling his QBs to scramble more. 

Their defense is what's keeping them in games, but it's the anti-Diaco defense....his is passive to a fault, theirs is aggressive to a fault. Plays can be had against them, even with our offense getting in its own way.

I think we need to get Riley in a room with Steve Peterson and FADSE, and pay them about 20 mill as a consortium, to see how low NU football can go.  Maybe the next level down is being an underdog to DOANE or CONCORDIA.  Isn't there a JC in Kansas somewhere  looking for a Home/home?  That would work.

Maybe have a pancake feed at the Legion hall to raise funds for the recruiting department.

Also lets make sure every player we recruit is a stoner who turns to weed daily to deal with the pressures of Lincoln. That seems to work well.  

What about that Red "N" on your hat fellas?  That means be a man and take care of business.

I think they ought to take those off the helmets until they are earned.  Let Charlie Mcbride hand them out.