The Fundamental Nebraska Problem With Trying To Do A BIackout

knapplc

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good one.

I actually had a conversation about different shades of red with my son the other day.  His baseball team's colors are red and white (with some black trim).  The past couple of years, the reds in the different parts of the uniform haven't matched.  Their red jersey was more of a crimson, while the hats and socks were more of a scarlet color.  I was annoyed with that color consistency.  It shouldn't be hard to get matching shades of red.

Wasn't there a few games back during the Pelini era where the stripes on the jerseys were actually cream and not white? Didn't that drive everyone crazy? 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good one.

I actually had a conversation about different shades of red with my son the other day.  His baseball team's colors are red and white (with some black trim).  The past couple of years, the reds in the different parts of the uniform haven't matched.  Their red jersey was more of a crimson, while the hats and socks were more of a scarlet color.  I was annoyed with that color consistency.  It shouldn't be hard to get matching shades of red.

I've seen this before as well.  I think it may have to do with getting the apparel from different distributors

• Plus1 1
Just now, Cdog923 said:

Wasn't there a few games back during the Pelini era where the stripes on the jerseys were actually cream and not white? Didn't that drive everyone crazy? 

I think it was poor manufacturing by adidas, where the jerseys turned more of a cream color after being washed.

NU's helmets used to be more of a cream color, until the early 2000's, when they shifted to more of a "bright white".  I think Pederson made that shift.  I liked the old, cream helmet shells.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I've seen this before as well.  I think it may have to do with getting the apparel from different distributors

Yes, that's the issue, but I just like for uniforms to be more....uniform.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it was poor manufacturing by adidas, where the jerseys turned more of a cream color after being washed.

NU's helmets used to be more of a cream color, until the early 2000's, when they shifted to more of a "bright white".  I think Pederson made that shift.  I liked the old, cream helmet shells.

53f6bc41af19f.image.jpg

I think you might be right, although I can't tell if its an actual color shift, or quality of the pictures.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So this thread has turned into a far better discussion than I ever intended with that mostly tongue-in-cheek of an OP.  This is why I hang out here - you guys are always interesting to talk to and bring up angles that I didn't think of. 

I appreciate the original tongue-in-cheek post.  It's not very shocking to see the b******* fail when it's being done by a bunch of pasty Nebraskans.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

While wearing all gray uniforms.  I am ok with it, because their school colors are scarlet and gray.  But, their uniforms should be illegal, because the numbers are dark gray, against a light gray jersey.

Seems like they contrast enough to me.  But I don't really care what teams wear for uniforms

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm all for wearing red and the student section always having black out since way easier for them to coordinate 

That's not a bad idea; the school and Adidas could partner for black student section shirts like they do in basketball

Edited by Cdog923