The Fundamental Nebraska Problem With Trying To Do A BIackout

knapplc

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

DING!DING!DING!

We have a winner. 

Nebraska, demographically, is 86% white. Pale skin washes out the black gear.  Even if we got the university involved and handed out free shirts, we'd still have a half washed-out stadium.  No matter what we do, we'll never have the look we're interested in. 

Plus, all the rednecks in the stands makes the Sea of Red even redder!!!

• Plus1 1

I will tell you if I attended a game where they tried to do a coloring type gimmick I would wear red. Why? Because part of Nebraska is the Sea of Red. I don't get to attend many Nebraska games, so any chance I get to attend a game I wear red to be apart of the Nebraska tradition.

Edited by BoneyardHusker

I would really like to see a red and white combo like Iowa or Tennessee does. Also a huge fan of penn state’s white out. Sea of red still has a large component of white and black shirts on a normal Saturday. 

It’s funny that when it gets to colder weather you see a lot more black and grey jackets at the stadium, yet people don’t seem to bitch about that. Only time people bitch is when the student section tries to do something cool and people stomp their feet like a bunch of 3 year olds. 

The only picture shown that looked good, organized is the Penn State White out.  Georgia looks like crap, ours looks like crap.  Just a bunch a people at a football game.  The color black is worn a lot more these days, by our youth.  You could show that to a non Nebraska fan and they wouldn't think anything about it is my guess.

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

One other thing to note is the different angles for the photos at various stadiums.  Take your photo from higher up next time and you'll get more clothing color.

That's a good point, and actually one of the reasons why I haven't posted this for a while - I've been looking for the overhead shots they were taking from the helicopter to get a better/different angle.  I just couldn't find it, so I thought I'd go ahead and post the thread. 

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

How are you able to type out b******* you wizard?

A magician never tells his secrets.  :D