cant wait

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I would guess that if we went to a bowl game, Riley would already be fired as I think he is gone after the Iowa game, so they bowl may see Nebraska as a re energized fan base looking forward to the future and will still travel.

This is the most likely scenario,  and the best way to handle it. Still be going through the process in the background, but out of respect to Mike and the kids, let him finish. 

1 hour ago, moveitforward said:

Iowa just pounded Ohio State - not looking forward to that game in the least. It has been a long, long, long time since anyone outside NE has talked about our football team. Just being honest.

People will be talking about us soon.....

“Nebraska hires world savior Scott Frost”

10 hours ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I have no idea how they gather those numbers, but if it's based off athletes academics, Nate Gerry probably screwed the pooch for us on that one...

If anyone cares it looks like we are sitting behind five 5-win teams in APR, and several 4-win teams that could get to 5 wins.  Doesn't look like we have a chance to squeak in as a 5 win team this year.  

Interestingly enough, Minnesota is sitting at APR #3 of the not-yet-bowl eligible teams.  They would need to beat us, Northwestern, or Wisconsin to get to 5 wins. 

Getting to 5-7 requires that we win again.   Not at all likely at this point.   Penn State will just be ticked off after losing their 'dream' season and needing to blow out NU for any hope of the final four and of course Iowa loves to pound us and will be playing with lots of fire.   Then there is those mighty golden gophers in the snow.  Not very promising when you can't run the ball and live and die by the forward pass.    Weather not going to be on our side.   No - I'd say the odds are against us.   Unless we sponsor our own Husker Invite bowl and bring in the Kearney State "Lopers' or the H.C. Broncos, the season ends after the Iowa beat down.  Not a good way to go out so the Moose is going to have a real challenge in rebooting NU's football fortunes.

As they say "Its always darkest just before the dawn!"    Let's hope the sun rises soon as it will be a long cold winter in our discontent.  Whether it be Frost or another coach looking to take on the biggest coaching challenge in a decade, this next chapter in Husker football will be the most interesting one.