Worst Nebraska team since 1962?

Worst Nebraska team since 1962?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Mavric changed the title to Worst Nebraska team since 1962?

There have only been two Nebraska football seasons without a bowl game since 1969 — in 2004 and 2007. And now, barring incredibly crazy events, we're about to have a third (and could have been a fourth without a shortage of teams in 2015). When I think of all the bowls there are, it's hard to fathom that a program like Nebraska couldn't go to a bowl game. I like the excitement around Nebraska when it's bowl season. When it doesn't happen, it feels empty.

OWH

IMHO, here are the rankings of the worst Nebraska teams

1) 2017 - Terrible. They excel at nothing. They have no elite players/difference makers. They let bad offenses have career days.

2) 2004 - Also really bad, but sort of understandable because the shift in scheme was so dramatic. They also only won five games against a marshmallow-soft schedule. Outside of Oklahoma and Texas Tech, everyone else was mediocre or bad.

3) 2007 - A bad team, but at least they were good on offense. And they played a pretty difficult schedule. Doesn't excuse the ineptitude on defense but they played some really good offenses. I'd rather watch Nebraska get torched by the 2007 versions of USC, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas and Kansas than the 2017 versions of Arkansas State, Oregon and Minnesota.