The Democrat Utopia

18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Forget commodities, just wait for a dip and buy long term Tesla, Trade Desk, and Chipotle options.  (Disclaimer, this is not an official endorsement or advertisement.  Seek professional advice before purchasing.  Options can and may lose value).  Carry on. 

I don't have the huevos for options trading. I think commodities are gonna do well here in the coming months. I put some money in gold, silver and uranium producers this summer, they've done real well. 

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't have the huevos for options trading. I think commodities are gonna do well here in the coming months. I put some money in gold, silver and uranium producers this summer, they've done real well. 

Nice.  I’ve never looked into commodities and couldn’t tell you one thing on how to trade them ( unless crypto is considered a commodity I guess).  Love it when people have good stories of making money with their own money like you stated. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nice.  I’ve never looked into commodities and couldn’t tell you one thing on how to trade them ( unless crypto is considered a commodity I guess).  Love it when people have good stories of making money with their own money like you stated. 

I hop on miners that trade on the NYSE. Crypto has peaked my interest, worry about bitcoin being a bubble, but keeps going up. Figure I'm in my early 30s, better to be aggressive now and slow things down as I get closer to retirement. 

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

I thought it'd pop a long time ago. Same with Tesla. I know one of "The Big Short" guys is now shorting Tesla. 

I thought that way on Tesla for a long time.  Once I decided that Tesla isn’t actually a car company, it’s a technology/battery company that happens to sell cars it made more sense to me.  It can’t go up forever is most likely overbought at the moment and will most likely have the drop once the Robinhooders get spooked in mass.  But long term, if the country relies on battery technology, Tesla could be the most valuable company in the world because of how far ahead it is in that race. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I thought it'd pop a long time ago. Same with Tesla. I know one of "The Big Short" guys is now shorting Tesla. 

I've been following Tesla for years, and they aren't a bubble at all but rather the first mover in a new market (EV's) and they're expanding into other new and expanding markets (PV and home and grid storage). Anyone shorting Tesla is going to get killed IMO.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I've been following Tesla for years, and they aren't a bubble at all but rather the first mover in a new market (EV's) and they're expanding into other new and expanding markets (PV and home and grid storage). Anyone shorting Tesla is going to get killed IMO.

Probably depends on the short timeline, but I agree with everything else.  People keep thinking its a car company and try and value it as such.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Probably depends on the short timeline, but I agree with everything else.  People keep thinking its a car company and try and value it as such.   

Correct. Shorting for less than a few weeks might work out but long term Tesla is going to keep going up.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Those dudes on WSB just making a killing on Telsa calls. I don't touch calls or puts, seen a lot of success stories but for every guy that turned 10k into 100k, there's a guy that turned 100k into 10k.

• Plus1 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Those dudes on WSB just making a killing on Telsa calls. I don't touch calls or puts, seen a lot of success stories but for every guy that turned 10k into 100k, there's a guy that turned 100k into 10k.

I'm no expert at the markets and I generally consider holding stocks less than 5 years to be gambling instead of investing, but shorting stocks seems like one of the dumbest things to do. You can actually end up going negative as there's no bottom to the costs even after losing the investment.

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is there a thread on here for investing.  Seems like that would be kinda cool to discuss different ideas amongst a larger group like this. 

• Plus1 1