The Democrat Utopia

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Insurrection Ken??

When will the taxation be Kenough?!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2024/04/29/president-biden-has-proposed-tax-increases-here-are-six-of-them/?sh=2cf92e04168c

Per this article “If your taxable income is $47,025 or less, you pay zero tax on your long-term capital gain.”

Couldn’t find exact numbers, but according do a Google search, about 58% of Americans make less than $50k/year. 

“Biden’s FY 2025 budget proposal? For high income taxpayers, the long-term capital gains tax could nearly double to 39.6%. That proposed capital gains rate increase would apply to investors who make at least $1 million a year. In fact, it is possible to go even higher, as high as 44.6%.”

So per the article, the 44.6% capital gains tax rate would apply to people making $1million or more. Which according to a Google search is about .1% of the population. 

From the article “If passed, the billionaire tax would be a minimum of 25% for households with net worth exceeding $100 million.” 

Per a Google search, there’s about 10k Americans whose household has a net worth of $100m.

Only thing regarding the repeal of section 1031 “Only real estate qualifies, and it must be of like-kind. It has to be business or investment property, not your personal residence.”

So it wouldn’t apply to personal residence. Well frankly I’m stunned that “Insurrection Barbie” would seemingly try to mislead people. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So damn stupid. 

Has anyone actually found what the proposal actually says? Seems like there are a lot of misleading or down right lies about this. I've looked around and all I can find is references to a 25% tax on unrealized captial gains for those with more than $100 million in wealth:

The 25 percent minimum tax on unrealized capital gains has several novel features and would for the first time attempt to collect tax on a broad set of assets on a mark-to-market basis or on imputed returns, i.e., without a clear market transaction to firmly establish any capital gain or loss. It would apply to taxpayers with wealth greater than $100 million, requiring a new annual wealth reporting system. 

If that's true, then it's not going affect anyone's house appreciating unless you've got a $100+ million mansion.

58 minutes ago, Fru said:

When will the taxation be Kenough?!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2024/04/29/president-biden-has-proposed-tax-increases-here-are-six-of-them/?sh=2cf92e04168c

Per this article “If your taxable income is $47,025 or less, you pay zero tax on your long-term capital gain.”

Couldn’t find exact numbers, but according do a Google search, about 58% of Americans make less than $50k/year. 

“Biden’s FY 2025 budget proposal? For high income taxpayers, the long-term capital gains tax could nearly double to 39.6%. That proposed capital gains rate increase would apply to investors who make at least $1 million a year. In fact, it is possible to go even higher, as high as 44.6%.”

So per the article, the 44.6% capital gains tax rate would apply to people making $1million or more. Which according to a Google search is about .1% of the population. 

From the article “If passed, the billionaire tax would be a minimum of 25% for households with net worth exceeding $100 million.” 

Per a Google search, there’s about 10k Americans whose household has a net worth of $100m.

Only thing regarding the repeal of section 1031 “Only real estate qualifies, and it must be of like-kind. It has to be business or investment property, not your personal residence.”

So it wouldn’t apply to personal residence. Well frankly I’m stunned that “Insurrection Barbie” would seemingly try to mislead people. 

Well done!

40 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Has anyone actually found what the proposal actually says? Seems like there are a lot of misleading or down right lies about this. I've looked around and all I can find is references to a 25% tax on unrealized captial gains for those with more than $100 million in wealth:

If that's true, then it's not going affect anyone's house appreciating unless you've got a $100+ million mansion.

It’s still as Buster said absolutely fricken stupid and most likely unconstitutional.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Fru said:

Is there a more reliable source on this than “Insurrection Barbie”?

It’s a f#&%ing stupid idea. 

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Pretty sure that's false. You would need to make $1M a year for that 400k to be taxed.

I don’t care.  It’s still stupid. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I don’t care if it only affects billionaires. Taxing unrealized gains is idiotic. 

• TBH 2
58 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s still as Buster said absolutely fricken stupid and most likely unconstitutional.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t care if it only affects billionaires. Taxing unrealized gains is idiotic. 

You're both drawing conclusions based on second or third hand information. What's the actual proposal?