The Democrat Utopia

Senators solving the world’s non-existent problems one by one.  LOL. She’s always been a clown.  She doesn’t even know what a monopoly is!!:facepalm:  Massachusetts hasn’t been sending their best for many years now.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

I don’t know lady, my 16 yr old had no trouble getting a job paying what is now $18.50/hr changing tires with zero work experience.  Maybe it was his lack of face tattoos and lack of 10 face piercings that moved him to the front of the line :dunno  
#choiceshaveconsequences

• Fire 2
  • TBH 1
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t know lady, my 16 yr old had no trouble getting a job paying what is now $18.50/hr changing tires with zero work experience.  Maybe it was his lack of face tattoos and lack of 10 face piercings that moved him to the front of the line :dunno  
#choiceshaveconsequences

I talk to the local seniors every year about getting a job, what employers look for….etc. 

Im always asked about tattoos and piercings. I should show them this video.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I talk to the local seniors every year about getting a job, what employers look for….etc. 

That’s awesome donating your time to the senior class each year and helping them with real life experiences!   Kuddos to you and to the school district for letting you do it:thumbs

Thise kind of talks from the community business leaders should be standard at every HS IMO

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Right?!?!

My seniors (girls especially) all talk about getting tats "the second they turn 18" they pretty much always mention that they would get them in spots that are easy to cover up.

Look, you should NOT be discriminated against because of your appearance but if you have two people applying for the same job with the same experience (of lack of), well, you gotta pick someone!

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Senators solving the world’s non-existent problems one by one.  LOL. She’s always been a clown.  She doesn’t even know what a monopoly is!!:facepalm:  Massachusetts hasn’t been sending their best for many years now.  

Okay, if for some reason iMessage gets "banned", I will join a protest to get it back.  

• Plus1 2

52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Look, you should NOT be discriminated against because of your appearance but if you have two people applying for the same job with the same experience (of lack of), well, you gotta pick someone!

I tell them that if all they want to do is work on the production floor and no contact with the public, I don’t care what they do. But, if they maybe want something like a sales job or office job where they are dealing with the public, I might think their tat is the coolest thing in the world, but if it might turn someone else off, then that affects more than just them and thus, might prevent them from advancing. 

Some kids just look at me with this dumbfounded look.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 4/20/2024 at 8:42 AM, Archy1221 said:

#choiceshaveconsequences

OhNoTheConsequencesOfMyChoices

She can find plenty of jobs at tattoo parlors, Hot Topic, sex shops and some warehouses. Just not at 98% of customer facing jobs. Or maybe she can move her @$$ to Europe where they are "more accepting" (they really aren't) of her look and she can be gainfully employed there.

• Plus1 2

Tattoos are one thing. Tattoos that loudly announce your satanic leanings are another. 

Giant nose rings and face studs are yet another thing. You don't do any of this if you don't like reveling in negative attention, especially from the people you have no intention of impressing.

That's why that clip feels like clickbait. She knows exactly what she's doing.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Tattoos are one thing. Tattoos that loudly announce your satanic leanings are another. 

Giant nose rings and face studs are yet another thing. You don't do any of this if you don't like reveling in negative attention, especially from the people you have no intention of impressing.

That's why that clip feels like clickbait. She knows exactly what she's doing.

Yeah, there is no way she doesn’t completely understand why she didn’t get the job. Heck I have non customer facing employees and I wouldn’t hire anything that looked like that. Anybody who really doesn’t “get” that is too stupid to hire.

• TBH 1