The Democrat Utopia

32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe you don’t know the difference between the words right and wrong.  Republicans have had control of all three institutions before and done nothing on the filibuster even when the Republican President pushed the Majority leader to do so.  I am right….again.   

these republicans are not like the republicans of the past.  you have even said so and claimed you were happy about that.   that these republicans fight and are not pushovers.who will give in to the dems.     these republicans do whatever needs to be done to grab more power.    they prevented a supreme court justice nomination in the last year of 1 presidents term with claims that it shouldn't be done...and pushing another in the last week of another presidents term.    drafting memos and inciting a riot to try and over come an election in an effort to keep trump in office.   obstructing investigations to protect a con man.   the pattern is there.  if it benefits them...they will do it.

• Plus1 5

But the key is if voting rights is handled now it will impact the next 8 years, and who is in office.  If the gerrymandering and other GOP led initiatives being put forth at a state level were curbed by a congressional bill I think the liklihood of the GOP rebounding and taking house and or congress is slim to none.

We've proven time and again in this country that the majority of people want a democrat in presidential office.  The only thing holding that back is electoral college, and all these crazy moves the GOP is trying to take in order to limit the impact of likely democratic voters.

And your last point is a good one - I will have to go searching for a comparison of state to state voting rules.  They are def dramatically different but would be interesting to see how it shakes out for each and check the patterns (of which I am confident there are)

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, commando said:

these republicans are not like the republicans of the past.  you have even said so and claimed you were happy about that.   that these republicans fight and are not pushovers.who will give in to the dems.     these republicans do whatever needs to be done to grab more power.    they prevented a supreme court justice nomination in the last year of 1 presidents term with claims that it shouldn't be done...and pushing another in the last week of another presidents term.    drafting memos and inciting a riot to try and over come an election in an effort to keep trump in office.   obstructing investigations to protect a con man.   the pattern is there.  if it benefits them...they will do it.

LOL

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

But the key is if voting rights is handled now it will impact the next 8 years, and who is in office.  If the gerrymandering and other GOP led initiatives being put forth at a state level were curbed by a congressional bill I think the liklihood of the GOP rebounding and taking house and or congress is slim to none.

We've proven time and again in this country that the majority of people want a democrat in presidential office.  The only thing holding that back is electoral college, and all these crazy moves the GOP is trying to take in order to limit the impact of likely democratic voters.

And your last point is a good one - I will have to go searching for a comparison of state to state voting rules.  They are def dramatically different but would be interesting to see how it shakes out for each and check the patterns (of which I am confident there are)

Gerrymandering isn’t unique to Republicans. 

Chuck Schumer just admitted on video the reason they want the government taker of elections bill is so they can win more elections. 

As been said before here, the GA and TX bills are less restrictive than state laws in true blue states like Deleware. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

You are more optimistic than most. I think Republicans have the advantage in the Senate…more Red states. It’s why DC and Puerto Rico statehood is pushed by the Dems. Gerrymandering has no affect here.

The House is hanging on by a thread and I suspect the Dems lose it in 2022. Maybe the Dems get it back, but even when Obama/Pelosi had a huge majority after the 2008 election they barley passed Obama Care. It took a special election to get the last vote across the finish line. They ran too many moderate Dems to get the majority and they would not vote party line.
Gerrymandering is done by both sides. It would be good to have independent bodies deciding on districts.
As far as president goes….majority doesn’t matter. Electoral college determines the outcome, which is harder to change because we need an amendment.

• Plus1 4