Adam Taylor - 0 Career Carries

Mavric

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Gotta be honest, I thought Adam was going to be a star here. His highlight tape of the state championship his senior year was... Adrian Peterson esque. Kid looked like a bona fide stud. Who knows what the answer is to why he never took the next step, but it was always a bummer. 

Kudos to Adam Taylor for seeming to be a quality young man comfortable in his own skin and role.

Complete lack of kudos to that guy from Katy TX who posted on here completely obsessed with him and every other high school boy in Katy who played football, and then hoped that Nebraska never won another game ever again until they let Adam Taylor play. Yikes.

Edit: Oh, and his username was candyman???? Da fuq, dude.

On a related note, my family and I drove through Katy on our way from Galveston to San Antonio a few days ago. Told my wife the story of Taylor/Candyman. She couldn't of possibly cared any less.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 2

I remember watching the championship highlights and I cannot believe he never made it other than special teams. He was also impressive in a spring game I went to. Really a punishing runner with good speed. After a talk with a mother of a senior on the team last week, nothing surprises me with this staff

• Plus1 1

Does anyone know when his first injury took place?  

Just now, HuskermanMike said:

Watch him run for 100 yards today, that would be the most Mike Riley thing ever. Do not play a senior once and he goes off his last game. Not sure it will be possible with this Oline, but you never know. 

I'm hoping this oline shows out today.  Would be nice to send the seniors off with a W!

2 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

He redshirted and won offensive scout team mvp is that correct?  I wish he hadn't redshirted.  So many what ifs....

Correct RS Frosh year he had the leg injury that left him out for the year. During his redshirt year he won the scout team mvp. 

Here is his bio for anyone that is interested.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206289961

Adam Taylor is why you "don't" run off "non-contributors"  we're not the SEC and never will be, you need guys like this on the team- had more than one injury and even though it obviously cut into his ability he never gave up and was a positive influence on teammates - why would anyone think running a guy like this off would be a good thing? Sure, guys that don't put in the effort or seem entitled- yeah you suggest they transfer and you bury them on the depth chart- anything more than that and we're just like the unethical SEC aholes- I would rather not win that way.

But not everyone was brought up that way I guess.